2 Katana 100s (line out tone) and a Nemesis delay

Started by mchad, March 30, 2017, 02:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Recorded a little home demo of the Katanas left and right line outs to the audio interface. The Katanas are not the stars here. The tones from them though are wonderfully useable if you don't have a cork sniffing complex. The track started off as a Katana test track so the first few bars are dry. I got a Nemesis delay and put that in the chain and built it up. Path is modded CS3>Vertigo tremolo>Nemesis delay left and right out to the Katanas. My bread and butter Katana tone is the clean channel with the Gain at 60%. Tone controls are fairly flat. The internal Boss effects are great but not adventurous. The bass part is a patch from the GP10 direct into the interface. All up an easy listening piece with the Katanas providing some solid tones. Next project I might have to delve deeper with the Kats and pull some more tones with that left/right channel flexibility.

https://soundcloud.com/emale-1-1/nemesis-in-the-house/s-puWm8

whippinpost91850

mchad

kneagle

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Stevie F

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on March 30, 2017, 04:40:00 PM
Sounds very good.
hi nice work except  but the drums are sat on top i liked the epic from 220 mins  on brilliant i agree the nemesis was needed   the kats are limited are you applying different settings on each amp? I was thinking of getting another for a wet dry rig unless you could reccommend maybe a different brand for the dry amp thank you

mooncaine

I really like this. You could sell this piece over & over on a stock music service, I bet. I'd refocus the drum mix somehow before trying that. Nice textures.

mchad

Thanks Stevie F and mooncaine.

I agree about the drum mixing. I use stereo loops for drums. I am not particularly expertise enough to get a handle on making things 'sit' properly in the sound stage. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it and something I need to apply some hours to.

The Kats each had the same settings plus a touch of the amp reverb (Room). Experimenting with different tones from each amp is definitely something to explore. I probably wouldn't have vastly different ones though. A wet dry rig sounds awesome. I'd even consider a wet dry wet rig! Imagine 3 Katana 2x12's at full roar...huge. :) I'm not sure of another brand of amp. Maybe a Blues Cube.

Stevie F

Quote from: mchad on April 02, 2017, 09:52:55 PM
Thanks Stevie F and mooncaine.

I agree about the drum mixing. I use stereo loops for drums. I am not particularly expertise enough to get a handle on making things 'sit' properly in the sound stage. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it and something I need to apply some hours to.

The Kats each had the same settings plus a touch of the amp reverb (Room). Experimenting with different tones from each amp is definitely something to explore. I probably wouldn't have vastly different ones though. A wet dry rig sounds awesome. I'd even consider a wet dry wet rig! Imagine 3 Katana 2x12's at full roar...huge. :) I'm not sure of another brand of amp. Maybe a Blues Cube.
hi how did you create from time 2 mins 08 onwards thats my kind od sound  well at least 1 of them the wet dry for live yes but the stereo is excelkent on headphones so you like the idea of wet dry wet amazing and the kats are so cheap send me your email and i will send you a simple WDWset up using katanas and it will wet your appitite also lol