SY-300- What kind of amp?

Started by gobi, January 15, 2017, 07:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobi

At first i have used my tube guitar amp. Then i realised that a lot of examples are given here are sounding complete different wenn i download them an Play them on my amp. Also wenn i'm goint thru a mixer to my home Stereo amp. Everything different.
So whats the "best" way?
...sorry  for my bad english, i'm from germany

gobi

gumtown

Only guitar sounds should come out of a guitar amp.

Try listening to an MP3 player plugged into a guitar amp and speaker, and you will notice the frequency range is not good, compared to a full range - flat response amp/speaker system.

But it depends on the sound/tone/results that you like.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

chrish

Stereo Tube/transister combo power amp into two 15'' JBL close back with tweeter or (full range speakers).  It's really about the sound you hear and  making gear/instrument/technique tweeks to get there.

Vincent

I use a small HK nano set (Using the GP-10 and the SY-300 together, the output of the GP-10 going to the HK).
Before doing so I tried number of various combinations including SY-300 to HK and SY-300 (mono output) to Princeton Reverb.
Sending the (very clean and polished) signal from the SY-300 to the Princeton tube amp doesn't bring up the best in the SY-300. I'd say it's output circuit was designed to be used on a P.A. or any other clean amp, including my HK Nano (150 watt).

Same for the GP-10, eventhough it's OK on the tube amp. For me the best solution is using only the HK with vocals send to entry 1 and the GP-10 (and SY-300) to entry 2 (L/R).
This way I don't have a lot of stuff to carry around.

Brak(E)man

For all the amp sim , guit modellers and synths use a full range system in stereo.
Live I always play through the PA system with stereo monitors 12-15"  in front of me.
Using a guitar amp really downgrades the sound and use for VGs, GPs, Gts, Gps, SYs and
IMO
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

gobi

hm, I would not say downgrade, it's different....
But i have to say, i build all my Sounds so far using the tube amp and also try to keep them often"guitarisch" ::) 
lately realized this Point as i wanted to do some recordings and plugt the SY direct to a mixer because i was lo lazy to use a mic...

I'll try and see, whats best...