GP-10 going into FX return of Marshall JCM900 *Video Content*

Started by GlennDeLaune, July 28, 2015, 07:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennDeLaune

Using the GP-10 into the FX Return of a Marshal JCM900. The LP has alot to do with this sound though I must say.

Glenn Delaune
Website  l  Youtube Channel

mbenigni

cjb

Very nice indeed.

On a side note, Alex Hutchings seems to be using the GP-10 live, as in this amazing concert

What I really like about this unit is how small and simultaneously powerful it is.

roachone

Glenn, that really sounds awesome! excellent band, and your playing is wonderful. The gp10 is a fantastic pedal for sure.

Fluke

Great stuff, beautiful warm tone, excellent playing.
The GP10 was acting as preamp right? Using the JCM900 as a power amp?

The wee pedal must be one of the most underrated/ignored guitar products ever.
Even without the GK3 it sounds great and as shown responds just as beautifully to a Les Paul, as it does a Strat.

Elantric

QuoteThe wee pedal must be one of the most underrated/ignored guitar products ever.

Thats the truth! Boss GP-10 contains a powerhouse of tone for any electric guitar. I prefer using it over the GT-100, as its easier  / less hassle to get great tone for live gigs from the GP-10.

By contrast the GT-100 with its Dual Amp paths presents a larger battle to obtain great tone - There is a penalty to be paid when you have  too many options.

aliensporebomb

Very cool!  Was the dirt coming from the GP or the Marshall?  It sounded very authentic.  Great growl!  I've thought about doing similar things in the FX return of my Mesa Boogie.  Stand by!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

GlennDeLaune

Quote from: Fluke on July 28, 2015, 01:04:34 PM
The GP10 was acting as preamp right? Using the JCM900 as a power amp?
Quote from: aliensporebomb on July 28, 2015, 04:07:55 PM
Was the dirt coming from the GP or the Marshall?

Thanks guys for the kind words. Yes all the dirt and drive is from the GP-10. I'm running the output of the GP-10 into the FX return of the JCM900 utilizing the clean tube power amp section of the amp. My Variax JTV69 in Strat Mode sounds incredible with this setup also. Thanks again guys.
Glenn Delaune

Elantric

Curious on GP-10, what "OUTPUT MODE" you used ? (LINE/PHONES?) or ? ? 

GlennDeLaune

Quote from: Elantric on July 28, 2015, 05:17:37 PM
Curious on GP-10, what "OUTPUT MODE" you used ? (LINE/PHONES?) or ? ?

Yup Line/Phones. I run stereo direct to PA using the head phone jack and converting it to balanced cables. Then I use the Left Mono out to the amp. What you are hearing in this video is totally the room sound. I don't have any of the Direct To House audio in this clip. More video to come where I will incorporate the Direct stereo audio. The sound guy forgot to press record (oops) on the board for the start of the set so this audio is a mix from 3 external cameras.
Glenn Delaune

Elantric

Great playing (as always)

I hear harmony vocal on Thunderbird, I assume you have a Harmonizer- which one do you use. ?

whippinpost91850

Just got a chance to listen, Sounds really good. Excellent playing and vocals

GlennDeLaune

Quote from: Elantric on July 29, 2015, 07:01:36 AM
I hear harmony vocal on Thunderbird, I assume you have a Harmonizer- which one do you use. ?

Yes I use the Digitech Vocalist Live 4
Glenn Delaune

Elantric

QuoteYes I use the Digitech Vocalist Live 4

Worked very well!