Routing a GK2-A into a Fanout Box, a 13 Pin Splitter, a 6Appeal and 2 x VG-99s

Started by luca9583, December 29, 2023, 05:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luca9583

Hi all

I've currently got a a GK2-A pickup going into an RMC Fanout box. One of the RMC's 13 pin outputs is feeding a VG-99 and this signal can make use of the individual string send and returns on the RMC if desired.

I now want to add a 6Appeal and a second VG-99 to the setup via the RMC's second 13 pin output which is a dry thru signal of the raw GK signals.

However, because the 6Appeal's 13 pin out is post onboard processing and isn't a dry 13 pin thru, i need to incorporate a 13 pin splitter after the RMC's second 13 pin output to then feed the 6Appeal and the second VG-99.

I just want to make sure that this will work before getting either a GKPX-14 or Roland splitter as i know there can be problems with where the power signal goes through all the devices.

Elantric

The 6Appeal has a Bypass mode

I feed my VG-99 directly from 6Appeal (on or off) , when 6Appeal is off,  its essentially like a straight GK13 cable

luca9583

Quote from: Elantric on December 30, 2023, 07:08:30 AMThe 6Appeal has a Bypass mode

I feed my VG-99 directly from 6Appeal (on or off) , when 6Appeal is off,  its essentially like a straight GK13 cable

Thanks yeah, but i want to use the 6Appeal's processing while running a clean thru to the second VG-99

Elantric

luca9583

Quote from: Elantric on December 30, 2023, 07:24:38 AMThere are other options for GK-13 Splitter vs RMC 

Primovasound
https://primovasound.com/products/index.php

Yes I've seen them all but the RMC is essential to my setup as i'm using it's send and return per string function.

The Primova GX-2 isn't needed here, i just want to know if it's safe to hook up all the additional devices as i describe above.

luca9583

Perhaps the best way to connect it all is with a GKPX-14 first in line before all the ther devices, so:

GK pickup > GKPX-14

split 1 > RMC
split 2 > 6Appeal
split 3 > VG-99 1
split 4 > VG-99 2