Author Topic: Gittler GK13 Superior Cable (WITH a right angle connector) NOW SHIPPING!  (Read 7585 times)

Offline rolandvg99

• Rating: 49
  • Roland VG-99, my favourite therapist.
Re: Gittler GK13 Superior Cable (WITH a right angle connector) NOW SHIPPING!
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »
About the same stiffness as George L's cables. A bit stiffer than Planet Waves mic cables, but not much. Great cable.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

Offline OldGuitarDude

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
My Roland cable eventually got a "twist" inside the sheathing (but still works). The Gittler seems a lot better quality. Good ends. I like the right-angle connector. No complaints.

Online Pete1959

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2014, 01:50:01 AM »
Just got home from my first gig using my Gittler cables I received about 2 months ago. Initially, the right angle connector was stiff, especially when connected to my GP-10 however after many hours of rehearsals using both the GR-55 and GP-10, I can say the disconnect is now much easier.

Thanks forum for the advice and discovery of excellent products such as Gittler as well as my recently received Stompblox pedalboards.

Offline romero

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
Hey all. I see some members have purchased the gittler 13 pin cable. I see a few of you say it is great, i would just like to know if it get's rid of that irritating noise while moving the cable especially on higher gain patches?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:10:07 PM by Elantric »

Online thebrushwithin

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
I would say it minimizes it. Depends on the condition of the 13 pin female, and where they lock. The construction of the cable, itself, is first rate, but if the female doesn't allow for good locking, then you will still struggle with that ground issue. This has been my experience, as one of my guitars has 0 issues, and the other is iffy, at best.

Online Pete1959

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 07:08:30 PM »
I bought 2 - 12 foot cables and use them regularly now for my GR-55 and GP-10.
No noise whatsoever when I gigged with them last month. My Roland cables have been tossed aside and use them only as spares.
Initially, the 90 degree connector seemed almost impossible to remove from my GP-10 but I no longer have that problem. Guess I got the hang of it but it is a solid connection.

The right angle head is great when plugged into my GC-1 Strat and probably the best reason for buying the cable.
On my GK-3 equipped Strat however, you have to use the straight end and the 90 degree connect barrel is a bit too large to fit in.

Delivery was no problem to Montreal, Canada.
Excellent cable and would not hesitate for a moment to buy more.

Offline sec6

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »
Just wanted to issue some praise for the Gittler 13 pin cable.  Received today.  My Roland cable is now confined to a drawer.  Finally a cable that is reliable!
Les Paul DC Standard (GK Kit), Ibanez RG420GK, Boss GP-10, Ableton 9 Intro, Omnisphere 2, Arturia Synclavier, Arturia VDM

Offline Rhcole

« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2016, 02:37:48 PM »
I just got a Gittler cable. It is a game-changer for me regarding 13 pin products. I had put away my 13 pin gear after having been embarrassed by cable noise at an outdoor concert about a year and a half ago. I also wasn't sure what wasn't working right- the guitar connector? the cable? the GP-10? more than one problem?

The Gittler plugs in and locks on my Godin and there is no noise, even if I tug at it or tap it. The rig is absolutely silent. Wow.

Buy one if you play your 13 pin out in public and can't afford the explosive pops and crackling from your Boss or other cable.

Offline Elantric

« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »
Now If you add Gumbo's Synth-Lynx GK13 jacks with the new ground contact crimps on the round shell connection to your Guitar and GK processor  - all  GK 13 cable movement noises and crackling are a thing of the past

SYNTH•LINX 13-PIN LOCKING JACK LAUNCH!
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8888.0

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:48:01 PM by Elantric »

Offline whippinpost91850

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »
I have to agree about the Synth-Lynx jacks. I now have them on 2 guitars and my GR55 and I have no noise. Great going Peter (Gumbo)

Offline Rhcole

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2016, 04:21:11 PM »
So, this is news to me.
What product exactly would go into the Godin guitar? What exactly into the GP-10?
I may consider having my tech look into it. If I do it, it will be so badly installed that other VG Forum members will start developing noise on their systems!

Offline Elantric

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2016, 05:49:52 PM »
What product exactly would go into the Godin guitar? What exactly into the GP-10?

Contact Gumbo via PM
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2189

( and read the forum more? ;))
http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=recent
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 05:51:33 PM by Elantric »

Offline Rhcole

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2016, 06:19:53 PM »
You know, it's remarkable-
I graduated from college with honors in electronics, and I couldn't solder a circuit board cleanly and had to squint to read schematics and study circuit boards. I can wire my own cables and plugs, but just barely.
Yet hand me a business plan or a set of financial plans, and I can spot the strengths and weaknesses without really even trying.
I guess that means that people who couldn't hack it as engineers become CEOs?

Offline gumbo

• Rating: 27
  • Changing the 13-pin interface - one Jack at a time
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »

I guess that means that people who couldn't hack it as engineers become CEOs?

...or consultants...   ::)

...and thanks to All for the shout-out   :-*

There are currently 11 different versions of the Synth-Linx Jack in production, to suit applications in GP-10, GR-55, RR Strat, GC-1 Strat, and a few more DIY areas...one of these days I'll stop long enough to re-write the original 'launch' thread..   ::)

Feel free to PM me with an email address and I'll send you a PDF of the current range and details.

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Blog