Katana - Hank Marvin / Shadows sound

Started by Marnimay, November 30, 2016, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marnimay

Hi Everyone,
I'm a bit new to this, so help required, I've just bought a Katana 100 amp with the Roland ga-fc footswitch, oooh well pleased with it! I bought the 50 watt to start with but I liked the extra channel settings facility and the extra control you get with the footswitch, so I upgraded.
Can anyone suggest a setting to obtain that classic Hank Marvin/shadows sound? I have downloaded the Boss Tone Studio and found my way around that so I can understand that. Any help would be very much appreciated.

pasha811

Sound wise did you find big differences between the 50 and the 100?
I'm looking at the 50 for less cost, home use 98% and dimensions / weight.
However at the same time I am tempted by the 100W because of the extra stuff...
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

Marnimay

Hi Pasha
Sound wise I'd say they were the same, you do get a presence control on the 100 though, the 50 doesn't have a line out socket should you want to beef it up through another amp. I wasn't keen on the single footswitch for channel 1 + 2 'cause if you pressed the Panel button (which you have to do by hand) then changed channel with the footswitch it didn't always go back to the last channel you used.....which I found annoying. The GA-FC footswitch is brilliant with the 100 as it allows you to select all 4 channels in the order you want them, as well as the Panel. I think the 100 would be a better investment in the long term,  especially from a re-selling point of view.

pasha811

Quote from: Marnimay on November 30, 2016, 02:42:32 PM
Hi Pasha
Sound wise I'd say they were the same, you do get a presence control on the 100 though, the 50 doesn't have a line out socket should you want to beef it up through another amp. I wasn't keen on the single footswitch for channel 1 + 2 'cause if you pressed the Panel button (which you have to do by hand) then changed channel with the footswitch it didn't always go back to the last channel you used.....which I found annoying. The GA-FC footswitch is brilliant with the 100 as it allows you to select all 4 channels in the order you want them, as well as the Panel. I think the 100 would be a better investment in the long term,  especially from a re-selling point of view.

Thank you so much! Clear and useful.
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

susagenius

Quote from: Marnimay on November 30, 2016, 02:42:32 PM
Hi Pasha

Stevie F

Hi did anyone send you the hank marvin patch you only asked for ? Wonderful land would be nice let me know regards Stevie F

stevesilk51

rossgun

FrankD

Kaczor

To może mnie też by ktoś poratował tym modem?

Brent Flash