Geez, another Montrealer

Started by DonnieBoy, October 04, 2014, 10:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonnieBoy

Hello all.
  I had a GR-55 two years ago and sold it due to complete frustration as to how to customize the patches...much too complicated for an old fella like me. I went back to operating my old faithful GR-09 that has a great nylon string guitar and acoustic piano sound. However, I've just bought another GR-55 'cause some of us over the hill gang never learn.
I do a one-man-band thingie with a Ketron X4 module to play midifiles as background for my guitar synth and vocals. I have also owned a GR-20 and GR-33 but I'm determined now to conquer this GR-55.
I'm looking forward to enjoying this place.

Kenmac

Welcome to the forum Donnieboy from a fellow Canadian (Toronto, Ontario). If you want to conquer the GR-55 you've picked the right place. There are a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people here that can help you out.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

RRhodes

Hey DonnieBoy...

I'm a 62 year old guitar synth rookie , currently residing in the same neck of the woods.....Welcome to a great place!!  Maybe we'll run into each other around town.

Have fun!!
Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff

DonnieBoy

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement.
I'm having some difficulty already, so it's time to pick brains instead of strings. The problem: No matter how I try to adjust the sensitivity I'm either getting unwanted notes or none at all. I haven't been able to measure the string distance (in millimeters) or the length of the neck (I'm playing a Godin G-3000) so that could be one of the problems. HELP!!!

(Thanks, guys)

Note:  I just downloaded a compilation of settings tips from ShawnB so my fingers are crossed (actually, crossed fingers might be my problem)
I'll let you know.

RRhodes

Even tho you will surely be directed to the numerous pertinent threads on this site, I would recommend that you post this problem in the GR-55 section

string height (1mm), sensitivity, low velocity cut and many more settings could be causing the problem, assuming that you already have pu type ,etc all set correctly

Good luck with it
Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff

Elantric

FWIW - a Godin G-3000 has a 25.5 inch scale  - use the "ST" (Strat)  setting for scale length