Sonoma Wireworks Guitar Jack Stage

Started by Elantric, March 14, 2014, 10:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

OK - I WANT THIS!
Sonoma Wireworks Guitar Jack Stage
http://www.sonomawireworks.com/news.php

! No longer available

If the original GuitarJack iOS interfaces were any indication, then it's clear that Sonoma Wire Works is passionate about capturing great-sounding guitar tone. Now they've released four new audio interfaces that take the same concept one step farther. While the GuitarJack Stage and GuitarJack Mini are focused on mobile guitar processing and recording, the StudioJack and StudioJack Mini models let you take studio-quality recording capability on the road.

Sonoma Wire Works GuitarJack and StudioJack Interface Features:

Four great new interfaces that bring quality recording capability to your mobile rig
GuitarJack Stage and GuitarJack Mini provide sophisticated control and high-end sound quality to your guitar or bass rig
StudioJack and StudioJack Mini are designed to make studio-quality recording truly portable
All models are fully compatible with Apple's iOS platform as well as Mac and Windows operating systems
Robust metal chassis for maximum durability

whippinpost91850

Interesting , Would this work to control BIAS live?

Elantric

QuoteWould this work to control BIAS live?

I sure hope so - That would be #1 goal too!

sonoma

Thank you for your interest in GuitarJack Stage! Sonoma will publish the MIDI control messages that GuitarJack Stage uses for its knobs, buttons and LEDs. Developers like Positive Grid will be able to easily map them to whatever they need.

Michelle Wright
Sonoma Wire Works

admin

Fantastic -

Thank you Michelle (Sonoma WireWorks) for joining us here and passing along this important information!

Look forward to the production release of Sonoma Wireworks  GuitarJack Stage!

bassman4d521

mbenigni

Anyone have even a ballpark idea what we're looking at in terms of price here?

bbob

Quote from: mbenigni on March 18, 2014, 01:13:37 PM
Anyone have even a ballpark idea what we're looking at in terms of price here?

He mentions ballpark prices in this video at minute 1:58

mbenigni

Thank you, bbob!

If they can hold to those prices, Guitar Jack Stage is firmly on my radar.  Very reasonable!

Elantric

Better late than never

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GtrJackStage

Turn Your Laptop or iOS Device into Your Amp
Take your favorite guitar apps or effects software onstage with a Sonoma Wire Works GuitarJack Stage. The GuitarJack Stage combines an impressive 2-in/2-out USB audio interface with a guitar-pedal-style MIDI controller that's instantly compatible with your Mac, Windows PC, or iOS device. On the audio side, ultra-clean analog signal and 24-bit/48kHz digital conversion that wowed the crew here at Sweetwater offer you top-notch sound quality. As a controller, the GuitarJack Stage's set of four footswitches and five knobs let you take control of any virtual amp or effect you can get your hands on. What's more, you can attach an expression pedal to the GuitarJack Stage for even more real-time control.

Sonoma Wire Works GuitarJack Stage Audio Interface/MIDI Controller Features at a Glance:
A professional-grade 2-in/2-out audio interface designed for your guitar or bass
4 footswitches, 5 knobs, and an expression pedal input let you take over MIDI-controlled apps
Pristine analog circuitry and 24-bit/48kHz resolution offer studio-quality sound
Mono hi-Z input is ideally suited for guitar, bass, or other instruments
Mic/line connection lets you record other instruments or vocals
Stereo output jack provides plenty of volume for headphone monitoring
Designed to be compatible with OS X, Windows, and iOS operating systems
Solidly built to survive life on the road
Get amazing sound and app control with a Sonoma Wire Works GuitarJack Stage!

mbenigni

Late indeed.  Man, this would have saved me SO much trouble a year or two ago.

$300 is a little steep, but I'd probably have sold some other redundant accessories and gone for this... if I hadn't just plotted my next course with the Helix.

Elantric

Let this serve as an example of what the typical Apple mFI Approval process does for your hardware products release schedule. If Apple thinks your device is not just right, they have you redesign your power supply  and jump through many hoops. It can take months, forces you to miss your release date, and /or kill your product (  Griffin Studio Connect HD comes to mind )

sixeight

Is there anybody on this forum, who actually bought the Sonoma Guitar Jack? I am curious to know how well this unit performs...

mdortona

Has anyone tried this? Supposedly, now Guitarjack Stage is now compatible with Bias, Amplitude etc. Would love to hear other folks' experiences. Thanks!

Matt

Elantric

QuoteIs there anybody on this forum, who actually bought the Sonoma Guitar Jack? I am curious to know how well this unit performs...

me too  -
http://www.sonomawireworks.com/guitarjackstage/guide/#midi

but IMHO its 2 years late to the party, and not allowing any third party MIDI controllers (no USB Host Port, no MIDI I/O) seems restrictive.

and the 6 rotary controls dedicated as Guitar Amp gain + Tone knobs for Sonoma "GuitarTone app" controls is rather lame,( same design problem as the HD500)   

QuoteDoes GuitarJack Stage support MIDI?
What MIDI messages does the GuitarJack send/receive?
Yes. GuitarJack Stage is MIDI mapped.

GuitarJack Stage MIDI map:
Knobs: (hex in parens) range 0-127
Gain: CC#16 (0x10)
Volume: CC#7 (0x07)
Bass: CC#17 (0x11)
Mid: CC#18 (0x12)
Treble: CC#19 (0x13)
Expression: CC#11 (0x0b)
Buttons: (down==127 (0x7f) up==0)
Button1: CC#80 (0x50)
Button2: CC#81 (0x51)
Button3: CC#82 (0x52)
Button4: CC#83 (0x53)
LEDs: (on>=64 (0x40) off<64(0x40))
LED1: 20 (0x14)
LED2: 21 (0x15)
LED3: 22 (0x16)
LED4: 23 (0x17)
http://www.sonomawireworks.com/guitartone/

IMHO -  Focusrite iTrack Dock + KMI Softstep2  fit the bill and have far more control and possibly cleaner sound. 

mdortona

Agreed, late to the party, but now it supposedly works with Bias, Amplitude, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it with the new software that allows this. I had purchased one and then returned it once I discovered it wasn't compatible with anything but their amp app. If it works with Bias or Amplitude and I can use my Blueboard along with it (which I should since GTJ isn't Bluetooth dependent), I'm set with a killer portable rig. Fingers crossed!

Matt

Elantric

it should work with all the apps you mentioned

But is it superior to other interfaces?
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=212.0

mdortona

That my friend is the 64K question.  8) I might take a second look at the softstep. I'm not convinced that the first I tried wasn't defective (the buttons were anything but soft and next to impossible to engage).

Matt

Panthersn

I just picked up a Guitarjack stage last week.  The stomp switches are working great with Bias and Amplitube Apps.  The only down side is the control knobs (gain, volume & tone) will only work with Sonoma's Guitar Tone App.  The "Guitar tone" app is weak, the models and effects are not up to par with Bias or Amplitube.  I would assume that we should start seeing some updates.   My hope is that Bias will expand the Midi mapping functions to Fully support this device.   Being able to keep the Ipad charged thru the guitar jack is a great feature!!!!!!!!!!!

Latency has not been an issue, sound quality is on par with my Apogee Jam

Elantric

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/guitartone/

GuitarTone Features

(New in GuitarTone 3) All New Tube Models and Revoiced Amps: Up to 5 pre-amp tubes in high-gain amps

(New in GuitarTone 3) 25 Amps & 26 Effects Available for In-App Purchase: à la carte or bundled in amp and pedal packs

(New in GuitarTone 3) Up to 6 simultaneous pedals per preset

(New in GuitarTone 3) 2x Oversampling: For super smooth distortion

(New in GuitarTone 3) Microphone phase switch and pan control on cabs allow custom blending

(New in GuitarTone 3) 2 new pedals available: Screamer pro-overdrive and Rooster resonant-overdrive

(New in GuitarTone 3) Low latency (~15ms in-to-out) on iOS 10 devices

3 Included Effects: Phaser, Drive+ and Va-Room

3 Included Amps: '60 Slant, Custom and Tweed Blues

Every cabinet has four microphone options: Dynamic, Condensor, Ribbon, and Precision. Cabs can be used with any amp

Pre and post effects: Drag one or more effects into an effects chain. Use pre-post to move before or after the amp (on stereo enabled effects)

Double Cab: The ultimate guitar tone with stereo guitar cabinets - two cabinet and microphone combinations at the same time create a killer sound

Preset Board: Quickly jump between favorite presets

Noise Gate: Reduce unwanted noise, with fast mode for high gain amps to achieve super crunchy metal tones

High Visibility Tuner: Fast, accurate tuning

Amp Previews: Amp previews are available in GuitarTone when you select "Open Store...". You can also listen to GuitarTone previews from your computer or iOS device browser: listen to GuitarTone Amp and Effect Previews.

(New in v2.10) iOS 10 tested with several fixes and improvements

(New in v2.9.4) Improved support in Interfaces Panel for GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini and their predecessor, GuitarJack 2 USB

(New in v2.9.3) Greatly enhanced support for GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, and their predecessors (GuitarJack Model 2 and GuitarJack 2 USB), as well as generic USB audio interfaces

(New in v2.9.3) iPad: Fixed bug in Save and Presets menus that could lead to a crash if another popover (tuner, gate, mixer, interface) was opened beforehand

(New in v2.9.3) Greatly enhanced support for GuitarJack Stage, StudioJack Mini, and their predecessors (GuitarJack Model 2 and GuitarJack 2 USB), as well as generic USB audio interfaces.

(New in v2.9.3) iPad: Fixed bug in Save and Presets menus that could lead to a crash if another popover (tuner, gate, mixer, interface) was opened beforehand

(New in v2.9.2) GuitarJack Stage mapped to Tap Tempo feature for delay pedals

(New in v2.9.2) Greatly improved wah smoothness and responsiveness when used with an expression pedal

(New in v2.9) Added support for GuitarJack Stage and StudioJack Mini

(New in v2.9) iOS 9 Tested

(New in v2.8) Supports Inter-App Audio

(New in v2.8) iOS 8 Tested

(New in v2.1) Audiobus FX Support: Record your guitar with the incredible sounds of GuitarTone in Audiobus enabled apps, like GarageBand, or filter the output of another app, like NLogSynth, before recording it

GuitarTone 3 Compatibility

iOS 10 or later. Earlier versions are available for earlier iOS versions from Apple
iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPod touch (6th gen), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad 7, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad Pro
StudioJack Mini or GuitarJack Stage audio interface for best results, but works well with many third party interfaces

Elantric

Save 20% on StudioJack Mini and GuitarJack Stage

StudioJack Mini and GuitarJack Stage audio interfaces for iOS/Mac/Win are on sale for 20% off now through 12/3/17. Find them on sale in Sonoma's online store and from select dealers like Amazon and Sweetwater. More about the interfaces and savings.

iOS App Updates Coming

http://www.sonomawireworks.com/news/2017-10.php?utm_source=nl1612&utm_medium=email&utm_content=image&utm_campaign=guitarjack#guitarjack