Show your GK Guitar

Started by Virtual Tone, February 22, 2008, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merman93

Quote from: mateomasfeo on May 26, 2014, 06:37:54 PM

This G-505 will be my go to GK monster as soon as the BX-13-VX arrives.  Bought her new in '82 to go with the GR300.  The BX-13-VX will allow me to go 13 pin!

Until then, my Fender Deluxe, Golden Boy, will have to do - cancerous growth and all...

I love my G-505, (had it since new from '81). I have an earlier version of one of Wayne Jones' 24 to 13 pin converters and love it!

I have added Locking tuners, and replacement saddles. The standard saddles are crap. I have several good 24 pin cables still but eventually will adapt guitar and converter box to use Wayne's' new 24 pin connectors.

Your fortunate to have such a good one!!
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

Singwas

Yesterday I got a "VG 99 Testgitarre". Now I have "The Two Orange Beauties"!

GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

jerrycali

Kristopher Heels did all the work on these guitars -krhnyc@gmail - dimarzio 58,67 heavy blues on the xtsa and ghost saddle replacement  - Freeway has kinman blues pickups - both sound and track great
JC

aliensporebomb

My old red Jackson Soloist was my favorite "fun to play" GK controller but in a fit of stupidity I traded it for another guitar that I've since also traded.

I ended up looking for another Soloist and in recent years the prices have gone to "astronomical" but I found this one that due to the surface mount pickups has a much better setup for installing a GK pickup permanently since there's no treble pickup ring to impede GK pickup installation. 

Neckthru, bound ebony board, real Floyd, Duncan '59 and JB for mag pickups.

I'm thinking of using the mag pickup switch cavity for a GK volume and a miniswitch somewhere for the mag pickup selection but I have to get the thing dialed in first.

Aside from the fact that it's about a pound heavier than my old one it feels and sounds more or less identically to my old one.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

aliensporebomb

Quick and dirty:

The gap between the treble pickup and the Floyd Rose tremelo was the perfect size to accommodate the hex pickup.

Definetely a boon for GK3 owners to see more guitars with pickups mounted into the wood sans mounting rings.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

dayn

I have had about 15 different GK instruments (Parker Flys, Roland Ready Strats. GC-10s, GK uke, Godin, etc.) - here is one of my current guitars that I just rescued from bad pickups and wiring problems. Added the P-Rails and fixed the wiring back to the stock Roland diagram. A Switch Vibrocell guitar, sounds quite good!:

tms13pin

New to the forum... signed up in July but never got around to posting.  I have a few 13-pin guitars (as well as a G-505).

Gadow custom semi-hollow setneck:

Carvin SH575:

Brian Moore C90p.13 and i21.13:

I've also got a black Moog E1 w/ the 13-pin option

I've had a number of others over the years now, but this is my current set.  I've got a VB-8 with the GB unit
attached to a cheapie ESP 5-string bass and a GK-2a sitting around currently not on anything.

--Tom

Tek

Just thought I'd post a picture of my new GC-1 after adding a Super Vee Bladerunner, Graph Tech Tusq XL nut and Fender staggered locking tuners. I also added a momentary toggle switch for S1/S2 and moved the volume and tone knobs around to better suit my needs - I did have to extend some wires to get everything in the desired position.

I found a 3/8" plastic plug to fill in the extra hole at Lowe's. (I still haven't taken the protective wrap off the pick-guard)...

I'm really happy with the way this thing plays!

Elantric

Very Nice!

But tell me where you located that small white "GK Vol" Knob! ( I like this control layout!)

Tek

Quote from: Elantric on October 16, 2014, 02:07:26 PM
Very Nice!

But tell me where you located that small white "GK Vol" Knob! ( I like this control layout!)

Thanks Elantric! I used the "old" S1 button hole for the momentary switch and the "old" S2 button hole for the GK volume, so the only "leftover" hole was the old mag volume and I don't mind the looks of the little white plug...

Elantric

Where did you buy the small White Knob?

Tek

Quote from: Elantric on October 16, 2014, 05:29:23 PM
Where did you buy the small White Knob?

Oh ( :-[ sorry, I'm a little slow, lol)...
I actually went to a local music shop and the tech guy there said he had a bunch of old knobs laying around, he asked me what color, I said maybe white and he walked back out with this one. he charged me $1.50  ;D. I was very happy! I found a lot of knobs online but hardly any locally... Even Radio Shack didn't have any type of replacement knobs, I was surprised!

Alec Lee

Recently got my Parker back from iGuitar Workshop

tms13pin

Quote from: Alec Lee on October 17, 2014, 06:19:32 PM
Recently got my Parker back from iGuitar Workshop

The iGuitar guys are great.  Love Brian Moore guitars and Pat and the whole iGuitar company are a class act.
Very nice lookin' Parker.  I've never played one but they've been on my GAS list for awhile.

--Tom

autodidactic

Here's my SG on it's first outing!  Please excuse the mess of cables, I need to get some shorter ones and tidy up the spaghetti. Love my GP-10 so far!

1965 Gibson J45
1979 Gibson ES347
90's Epiphone Joe Pass
80's Yamaha Classical
Bouzouki by Dekavalas

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: autodidactic on November 10, 2014, 05:45:21 PM
Here's my SG on it's first outing!  Please excuse the mess of cables, I get some shorter ones and tidy up the spaghetti. Love my GP-10 so far!

Gravity-defying guitars!  I love it!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

Elantric

gumtown

That SG looks real sweet !!  :)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

dayn

MIDI uke?...Godin won't make them, so I did.

A Custom Godin Multiuke that has been upgraded to RMC Polydrive II external electronics. This gives you the great RMC gold acoustic sound as well as 13-pin output for synths or guitar modelling...endless sound and tuning possibilities! The instrument also has more acoustic volume and resonance with the stock internal preamp removed.

This PolyDrive II is a custom version preamp handmade to order by RMC in Berkley, CA and voiced for ukulele. It is expensive and a major upgrade in sound and functionality.

autodidactic

Dayn, that Uke looks real slick! I wish I could get something like that for my bouzouki (that instrument to the left of my SG.) It has 4 courses, two of which are octaves. Would a hex type pickup work with a separate pickup for each pair of strings? This guy seems to have made it work with his GR55 but unfortunately I can't seem to get a good look at his pickup...

1965 Gibson J45
1979 Gibson ES347
90's Epiphone Joe Pass
80's Yamaha Classical
Bouzouki by Dekavalas

dayn

The instrument in that video looks to have a GK3 internal kit.

I do know that RMC makes dual course saddles for mandolin, and also makes a custom Polydrive II preamp box voiced for mandolin, so it certainly seems possible you could mod your instrument.

Elantric

QuoteWould a hex type pickup work with a separate pickup for each pair of strings?

If you never use Guitar to MIDI or DSP created ALT tunings and only stick with COSM Guitar Modeling - yes

autodidactic

Quote from: Elantric on November 12, 2014, 09:10:05 AM
If you never use Guitar to MIDI or DSP created ALT tunings and only stick with COSM Guitar Modeling - yes

Sadly, that would be my number 1 purpose for such a pickup.
1965 Gibson J45
1979 Gibson ES347
90's Epiphone Joe Pass
80's Yamaha Classical
Bouzouki by Dekavalas

Elantric

Then you must use single course  - one string per saddle - and Roland GK 13 systems only support 6 total strings

dayn

Maybe mod your Bouzouki bridge to contain the RMC dual course piezo saddles?