A simple request for "show unread posts"

Started by lespauled, June 16, 2013, 06:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lespauled

Unfortunately, I am not a user that has both the VG-99 and the GR-55.  I am the proud owner of the GR-55 and I love it.  I also love this community that has incredible people that are willing to help with any issues.

My only "wish to have" on this forum is when I hit "Show unread posts since last visit".  Since I am only a GR-55 owner, most of the VG-99 don't pertain to me.

Sometimes it actually leads to a slight bit of sadness when I see a post like: Greatest Slash patch ever, and the forum says ROCK (or whatever).  I excitingly open it, and die a little inside ::)  ;D when I find out that the patch is for the VG-99, not the GR-55.   Of course, this scenario happens to users of the VG-99 when they hit a g5i patch.

Is it possible to add the parent forum to that list?  For example: GR-55 >> Rock 

tekrytor

Same for me, no VG-99. I was hoping there might be a way to RSS into the GR-55 space only.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

tekrytor

Les, I found a solution that works for me. Tapatalk lets you subscribe to subsections of the forum, like GR-55 only or even finer sub levels. Tapatalk is available for Android or iPad. It has some other great features too. Worth checking out.

Sent from my TAB-1030 using Tapatalk 2
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

Elantric

QuoteIs it possible to add the parent forum to that list?  For example: GR-55 >> Rock

Already have dedicated separate areas for several processors here.
From the Home screen navigate only to the area of your interest.

From this thread we have links to all you seek

GR-55 FAQ: TOP THINGS TO KNOW
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4006.0

* GR-55 User Created Guitar Patch Area:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=67.0

Myself I find value to read every new thread here as I learn something new that I can apply to solve other problems.

Read all Recent VGuitarforum Posts on All threads
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=recent

To Subscribe to a thread click "Notify" on upper right.

whippinpost91850

Like Elantric, I also read every post here as I also find info for equipment i don't own that I am able to use and solve issues with the things I do have.

musicman65

I second the suggestion to use Tapatalk forum reader on a mobile device. I read nearly every thread too, but can subscribe to areas. I rarely use a PC for forums since I can catch up in a few minutes from anywhere.

bd

gumtown

I also try to read every post, sometimes after being away for a few days the list becomes overwelming,
but if you open a topic in each area (without necissarily reading it) the icon for that area becomes faded, leaving the dark icons at the left of the page to show new topics and unread posts.
You can also navigate to the GR-55 sedction and then copy that web link in the browser address bar to your favourites, and also hit the [-] icon in the topic araes of no interest to minimise the topic bars so just the GR-55 related postings are showing..
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

tekrytor

Tapatalk 4 also keeps track of the posts you've read and let's you keep favorites. It's also on sale on Goggle Play for 99¢ instead of $4.99 if you hurry.

I also try to read all posts, but when Google dumped greader, it hosed my tool for keeping track and I had to start over with others till I found Tapatalk. Fanboy here, if you couldn't tell.