Is my Fishman Triple Play dead?

Started by Cez Nov, April 11, 2014, 12:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cez Nov

Hi!

I bought my FTP two weeks ago and after a week it started to act weird. It was occasionally loosing signal while playing, so the played notes was lost but the controller was still visible in the FTP Software. And sometimes it hanged some notes so they were sustained until I triggered those note again. And since yesterday everything is messed up. Receiver and controller losing connection after few seconds. Here you can watch the video how both controller and the receiver acts:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Lcw9hBBN0&feature=youtu.be

As you can see the blinking is totally wrong. The connection is lost after few seconds (although when it is ok, software receive the signals fine). Charging icon shows nothing. I checked it on two different computers with no luck.

My guess is that it is broken but maybe there is a slight chance that I do something wrong? Or maybe someone experienced something like this?

Thanks!

Elantric

Vade

I had at least some of those issues and exchanged my Triple play only to find the issues persisted. Reinstalling the Triple Play software resolved all issues so you might consider giving that a try.
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

Cez Nov

The problem is I tested this on two different computers (the second one had a clean install of the software) and nothing changed.

The issues of the controller are regardless of the software, because it isn't even open.

Vade

Well the Fishman support does seem to be pretty good so hopefully they can get you a timely fix or RMA. Best of luck to you.
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

cooltouch

I don't own an FTP but I assume it's made in China, right? At this juncture, my experience with anything electronic that I have bought which was made in China, say for the past decade, is running about 50%. Meaning that about half of the new electronic items I've bought made in China are defective right out of the box. Anything from computer motherboards to two YouRock Guitar YRG-1000s in a row (about six months ago) to, most recently (less than two months ago), an H3 JaJa stylus for my iPad.

So my guess is you got a bad one. Call Fishman and request an RMA. Better luck with round two.

Best,
Michael

Cez Nov

That is an interesting idea. The problem is almost 90% of electronics are made in China. I am trying to think of any electronic device that I own that was not made in China... it is hard :) But I don't have the same experience. For me most of the stuff I have works great. I can say that 90% of them works with no problem. Unfortunately no luck with FTP...

cooltouch

Not an idea. A fact.

May your luck continue. May mine change.
Best,
Michael

Cez Nov

Hi!

I got a new controller (without receiver, they forgot to send it so I am still waiting). The strange charging diode things are gone, although one is still present.
When I charge the controller the diode is green (which is OK), but after 10 seconds diode goes off (?) and it is back in 2 secods. And it is looped all over again... is it happening with your controller?

Elantric