Gittler with Roland GR55 at Frankfurter Musikmesse 2014

Started by PD FX, March 20, 2014, 06:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

Me jamming with, the son of the inventor of the guitar, Yonatan Bar Rashi
By the way: The current Gittler now features S1,S2, and GK vol.

mbenigni

thebrushwithin

Sounds great Paul! What did you think of the guitar?

PD FX

Quote from: thebrushwithin on March 20, 2014, 07:23:09 AM
Sounds great Paul! What did you think of the guitar?
Thank you!
Well..the closest you will get to airguitar playing I guess.. you're left alone with your strings, its something else!
its very, very fluid. For my style of playing the gliding character actually is more stunning than the scalloped character, the frets are thick and dont "tick" agains your fingertips while gliding, but bending is also really,really smooth, because there isnt all this dried meat of trees to slow you down. And it is very,very light. 1,35 Kilograms. it tracks very well on GR55
Here I play on it with more gliding and stuff..

mbenigni

Cool instrument - and more cool playing!

Alas, at $4K I can't see this in my future.   :o

Elantric

Cool - but scalloped fretboards and my left hand do not mix - during heated solos , upon playback I'm out of tune and play "sharp" - due to to LEFT HAND HAMMER ONS with my technique.

How was Guitar to MIDI and Alt tuning? - since the Gittler "hex" PU is stealth and a bit further away from the strings that concern me.   

PD FX

Quote from: Elantric on March 20, 2014, 08:26:09 AM
Cool - but scalloped fretboards and my left hand do not mix - during heated solos , upon playback I'm out of tune and play "sharp" - due to to LEFT HAND HAMMER ONS with my technique.

How was Guitar to MIDI and Alt tuning? - since the Gittler "hex" PU is stealth and a but further away from the strings that concern me.
guitar to midi is really fine, For tapping and general open string muting I used a simple Shub capo with a bit of foam, and it actually worked very well. tapping is really a treat, because the strings form little trampolines, you're playing in the air, no bumping from the finger on the fretboard.
And yes: the crosstalk is bigger as on "closemiked" gk2/gk3 . But it didnt lead to mistriggering.

Cricket

Excellent!  Thanks for posting.

There was a thread on this a while back and I had really been hoping someone would post a vid of the Gittler driving some sort of synth... I mean... seems kind of obvious here no?

Anyway, someone posted about the pickups being likely to cause crosstalk issues and whatnot and, with the lack of response from (I think) Gittler Guitars themselves, thought this might be the case.  Your vid seems like the guitar is working fairly well, though.

I've always been intrigued by the Gittler.  Kind of hard to just go try one out though, although it's more possible for me than for most.  NYC is a few hours but still a day trip.

So now I'll go out on a limb again:  is the guitar yours?  Even if not, anyone out there able to post a not noisy vid/review of the Gittler in action with synths?  If anyone from Gittler reads this, I'm looking in your direction especially ;D 

4K is steep, but not ridiculous for a high-end guitar, and I would suspect that a solid titanium instrument might not be prone to warping and other wood-related issues.  And don't most of us dream of a guitar that can stay perfectly set up all the time?

thebrushwithin

I noticed you had the neck "shell" attached, which I know I would have to utilize, but I was wondering, if this made the guitar neck heavy?

PD FX

Quote from: Cricket on March 20, 2014, 01:41:22 PM
Excellent!  Thanks for posting.

There was a thread on this a while back and I had really been hoping someone would post a vid of the Gittler driving some sort of synth... I mean... seems kind of obvious here no?

Anyway, someone posted about the pickups being likely to cause crosstalk issues and whatnot and, with the lack of response from (I think) Gittler Guitars themselves, thought this might be the case.  Your vid seems like the guitar is working fairly well, though.

I've always been intrigued by the Gittler.  Kind of hard to just go try one out though, although it's more possible for me than for most.  NYC is a few hours but still a day trip.

So now I'll go out on a limb again:  is the guitar yours?  Even if not, anyone out there able to post a not noisy vid/review of the Gittler in action with synths?  If anyone from Gittler reads this, I'm looking in your direction especially ;D 

4K is steep, but not ridiculous for a high-end guitar, and I would suspect that a solid titanium instrument might not be prone to warping and other wood-related issues.  And don't most of us dream of a guitar that can stay perfectly set up all the time?

Its not my guitar, it was quite new to me actually. It tracks fine, is all I can say.
But I'll probably do more demos with it. without noise.

Elantric

Elantric