GR-55 - WISHBONE ASH PATCH SET

Started by billbax, June 27, 2012, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbax

Hi Everyone,

Here's the Wishbone Ash 'The King Will Come' GR-55 & VG-88 patch set, used on my latest re-amping separate strings demo. There's some serious breakout box re-amping action here, with well over 1000 hands-free patch adjustments.

WHAT'S IN THE ZIP?

1. Seven GR-55 solo patch variations with a Classic Strat, Modern Strat, H&H Strat & P90 etc.  Tone-for-tone, I should think even Laurie Wisefield would be happy playing this patch set.

2. Seven GR-55 Bass guitar patches including a Thunderbird Bass, Vintage P. Bass, Modern P. Bass and even a Musicman Bass.  I know Martin Turner's bass sound intimately, and this set represents a very close emulation of his classic-rock bass sound.

3.  Six VG-88 Flying-V emulations & variations with a Vari-Guitar model X 2 dual pickups. It would have been so easy to programme a lame studio-style patch - saying that, these patches have an intended heavier live 'Mr Nasty' feel compared to the original studio track.

PATCH USER ADJUSTMENT CONSIDERATIONS

Make sure your GK input sensitivities set to maximum without distortion, as obviously the pre-amp over-drive will not sound the same as the youtube demo.  Also don't be afraid to increase/decrease the patch preamp-gain with getting the tone just right.

VG-88 users', you can import the .syx file with the amazing V-Editor 0.51 https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=downloads;cat=20  Make sure you backup your original user-patches before loading these patches! The V-Editor 0.51 works with XP and even 98SE. Not sure about Windows 7 or Vista.   

The joy of hex,

Bill

www.separate-strings.co.uk

Jeremy Hall

Wow! One of my all time favorite albums! Your mix sounds amazing. Great work billbax.

whippinpost91850

Thanks Bill..That is a great album 8)

hoochiekoo

HCarlH

Thank you for your contribution!  One of the best bands ever.   :)
GR-55 (or) Fishman TP + Kemper Profiling Rack -->> 
QSC K10 -->> FOH
Fender Squier Stratocaster Bullet (w/GK3), Ibanez AM93 (w/FTP pickup),  Stratocaster (w/FTP pickup)

Telecaster, Charvel SoCal ProMod, Gibson Les Paul, PV Wolfgang,