Volume Pedal help, please. When I switch to a new patch, it's not full volume..

Started by desertcoupe5.0, July 12, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertcoupe5.0

I keep my volume/exp. pedal fully forward.  Any time I change patches, if I roll back on the volume pedal slightly, the actual volume jumps suddenly, then works normal.  So if I go to a patch, it's at maybe 80%, then if I cycle the volume pedal back and then forward it's at 100%.  Exp. pedal set to control patch volume.  I have tried calibrating the pedal several times.  What am I not doing right?  Thanks!

EDIT - OK I just noticed it only does it if my guitar volume pot is not fully open.  So it's just kind of an oddity I guess, not something that will cause me any issues.

Cricket

Make sure you don't have two controls set to patch volume, probably both GK Vol and EXP.   Also, you probably want assign hold (HLD) on.

Myself, I set EXP to "tone volume" and GK Vol to "patch volume" as a default.  Not always, but mostly.

Tone volume is like having the volume pedal first in the chain, so having that on the pedal lets the delay/reverb linger when you back off the volume.  With patch volume, this won't happen.

My 2 cents.