VG-99 - Flash Pedal Steel

Started by Elantric, February 25, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

One of my first patches I shared but much improved since then. Use a slide to play and EXP PEDAL 1 to make the pitch bend.

Brent Flash wrote:
All Flash patches have the GK-3 volume disabled and is a tone and most have the switches changing the pickups. Keep the GK-3 volume knob (now tone) about half way to start out and adjust from there. Also these patches are not intended to be used with the regular pickups. If you use a mix of GK and regular pickups on any alternate tuning patches they will sound pretty bad. I programed these with the FC-300 but have put some features on the VG-99's control buttons. There is also a tap tempo that controls the delay in some cases on Control 2 on the VG. If you are using the FC-300 with your VG-99 and are using extra switches and CV pedals you will find that there are solo, effects levels, etc. assigned to the external controls. You can look in the editor to see what is what or just experiment to see what happens. If you have any question please feel free to post them. I hope everyone will find these useful.

op111

Hi Brent,

I just tried downloading your patch, but my Editor didn't like it.  I get a "This file could not be loaded" error.

Perhaps it got corrupted somehow.

Thanks
Peter

Elantric

I just checked  - it works here.

Be sure you  Go to FILE menu then IMPORT SMF.

You must use the latest VG-99 Editor version 1.01 too.

Brent Flash

op111

GrinPicker

Sustainiac, I absolutely love this patch... whats the trick for playing minors?  Any online info or help you can pass I would appreciate.  Thanks!!

Smash

Showing some love for this patch - it surely deserves it. I've used a variant of it many times live, usually converted to B bender, keeping the Cosm A custom guitar and then using bass on low E and A on cosm B. Very useful and versatile patch. Just cos patches are old doesn't mean they're not golden!

Most recent outage on a demo for a mate where it provided the rhythm and lead. BTW the acoustic is an old VAX 700. Example attached.

Brent Flash

Quote from: Smash on February 05, 2021, 05:14:25 PM
Showing some love for this patch - it surely deserves it. I've used a variant of it many times live, usually converted to B bender, keeping the Cosm A custom guitar and then using bass on low E and A on cosm B. Very useful and versatile patch. Just cos patches are old doesn't mean they're not golden!

Most recent outage on a demo for a mate where it provided the rhythm and lead. BTW the acoustic is an old VAX 700. Example attached.
Wow, brings back good memories when the VG99 was new and all the stuff it could do, no limit seemed like. This patch was one of my first before I was a member and Steve posted it.

I like your demo much better than mine, I don't play country so I had to come up with something LOL

I will post my demo so you can see how much better Smash's is!

aliensporebomb

The 99 still can do a lot.   

Love the country-tinged demo here that Smash did. 
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.