Mediocre Guitarist from Boston says hello

Started by DocGuitar, June 23, 2014, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocGuitar

Hello folks
Wow I feel like I have ADHD arriving to this wonderful place....where do I even begin!
Just trying to get back to being a mediocre guitar player I guess is a starting point.

I am a middle aged self taught guitar player since age 10 that used to be "wicked pissah" on guitar up to about my mid 20s.My playing got side tracked by a very busy medical career, and my family. I am busier than ever but I want to get back into some serious playing again.  I have issues w trigger fingers so I do not care about being a fast shredder as my younger years. I prefer a slimmer neck.

I have a 2013 Godin Multiac slim nylon string...and I was able to pick up an almost new Gr55 off eBay.
I also have a 2014 Gibson SGJ ,which is also very easy to play for my hands.  I am in the process of getting a Peavey AT200  to fiddle around with the atares unit.Just got my kids a squire affinity strat,surprising very nice for 100 bucks to let them explore playing the guitar while keeping their paws off my other "kids".
I have a small roland practice amp,but have a spider jam Line 6 for the backing tracks and looping.

Elantric

Chumly

Hi-ya,
I have a Spider Jam as well, it's been unfairly criticized by many but in fact it's a fine piece for it's intended purposes.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

MrEd