FS-6 Battery Requirement

Started by Hopkins, July 12, 2012, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopkins

I notice that the FS-5U does not need any power but the FS-5L does.  Since the FS-6 covers the functionality of both FS-5 switches, can you use it in unlatched mode without a power supply, or must it always be powered?

Thanks!

Toby Krebs

FS-6 has to be powered or it will not function and only with a 9 volt battery. I thought  the 9 volt was just to power the lights but it powers the whole thing. It now sits brand new in a drawer until I feel like drilling holes in it and adding a female adapter jack to it. Poor battery eating design.

Hopkins

Thanks for the reply.  That seems like a rather poor oversight by the designers.

gumbo

Added a 9 volt jack to the Behringer equivalent a while back without a lot of grief...

...can be done, Folks..   ;)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Hopkins

To be honest, that is just as much of a turn-off - there are way too many things to plug in too!  I would much prefer to clip together two 5Us and not have the hassle of the power requirement.

Elantric

I use a few of the Behringer FC-6 clones
http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--BEHAB200

The +9V Battery is required because of the internal Relay switching, and LED status lights

montyrivers

I use the FS-6.  My advice is to just get a 9-volt battery clip adapter and run it to a 9volt power supply.  Is what I do.  Don't have to worry about batteries no more!

cell7

So those Behringer AB200s can directly replace the function of the FS-6 switches on a VG99 and fc300? Anyone had any issues with them?

Hopkins

There are plenty of other alternatives out there too, like this small company in the UK:

http://www.brightonion.co.uk/categories/Amp%7B47%7DEffects-Pedals/Momentary/

The look quite nice too if you prefer the more basic, indie pedal style.

gumbo

Quote from: cell7 on July 17, 2012, 05:59:25 AM
So those Behringer AB200s can directly replace the function of the FS-6 switches on a VG99 and fc300? Anyone had any issues with them?

...in that they can perform the same functions, yes...

I was lucky enough to score a 'local' deal a couple of years back for a multiple purchase through a retailer I know well...apart from the power supply issue as previously discussed, I'm a happy camper..  I simply got a 9v snap connector, soldered the fly leads to a std 9v jack, drilled a hole in the case and 'snapped' the connector to the internal Behringer connector that was meant to mate with the battery terminals...
8)

I have a number of these things in my kit of stuff, doing quite a few functions...  they have not let me down..

HTH
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...