VG-99 - B3 Rock Organ Patch & mp3 demo

Started by Brent Flash, March 28, 2008, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Here is an organ patch I promised the guys over at the Roland VG-99 Yahoo group and I thought I would share it here too. It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to control the Leslie. So I put controls all over. The toe switch on volume pedal does momentary as does CTL 2 on the FC-300. GK-3 button + goes fast - goes slow. CONTROL 2 on the VG will toggle the Leslie and CONTROL 1 turns the Leslie distortion simulation on and off. Toe switch on EXP 1 on the FC-300 turns distortion on/off and the pedal will adjust the amount of distortion. Oh yeah, the D-Beam does the Leslie too.

This patch along with other synth patches I find need to have the GK-3 sensitivity setting as hot as you can get them without distortion to make them easier to play. I don't like them that hot for all my other patches so I have had to make a GK-3 preset just for them.

Mp3 demo and patch below.

hopper2008

Brent Flash

Quote from: hopper2008 on March 30, 2008, 11:20:22 AM
great job man!!Thanks
Thanks hoppper2008 and sorry for the belated response!

Brent Flash

Here is another demo that this patch is used in.

Jimijam

Sounds really good! thanks!

jimijam

aliensporebomb

I just have to say that Brent totally NAILED both the sound, feel and playing of both the Styx organ part and the Crowded House B3 organ.  I still listen to the demo going - is that really a VG-99?  Killer!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash

Firstly thanks to Mr S for resurfacing this - I'd never seen it - secondly, bloody hell Mr F - hell of a tone!! +1000 on theCrowded house comment, very impressive!

...../ )
.....' /
---' (_____
......... ((__)
..... _ ((___)
....... -'((__)
--.___((_)

(where's the thumbs up smiley?!)

UPDATE - keeper for sure - awesome for Joe Cocker's Little Help from my Friends!!

Brent Flash

Thanks guys! It's nice to see these old patches resurface again after such a long time. One way to retrieve some of these buried patches is to use a different sort by clicking on the column "VIEWS" and that will sort the older or newer posts alternately.