VG-99 - ScratchPad - complete with all patches used in demo

Started by rolandvg99, March 26, 2014, 03:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandvg99

More Crystl synth fun using FC-300 EXP1 wah-wah. For those interested, I've included all patches used in the demo in the attached ZIP.

ScratchPad

PS. I tend to run the GK sensitivity high for synth work. Somewhere in the 50-65 range. For COSM guitar I'm down to 10-25.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

supernicd

Really nice!  Is the rhythm/pad part also generated by the crystal synth?
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

rolandvg99

The crystl synth is used for the drums and the scratch part. The rest is mostly wave synth.

supernicd

Oh, wow, the crystal synth made the drum sounds?  That's really interesting and I would not have guessed that.  I have yet to get my head fully around the HRM stuff.  Looking at the number of parameters included with most of them, they don't seem all that versatile, but the demos and patches here indicate otherwise.  They apparently take a different mindset than a more traditional synth to master!
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

rolandvg99

A neat trick is to use the chorus with 0 depth and adjust the delay for coarse comb filtering. The 0-4 ms range provides the most drastic sonical changes.

The polyphonic pitch section also alters timbre quite drastically.

supernicd

Thanks for the tip!  This is something I'd probably have never thought to try.  Unbelievable how deep and wide the VG-99 is - just an endless playground.

I still have so much to learn about this beast.  I downloaded the giant compilation of patches and have checked out a lot of them, but I get the feeling I'm missing a lot by not going through the posts too, as there are probably performance notes, patch design hints, etc. accompanying a lot of them.

Looking forward to trying out your patches, hopefully later this week!  Cheers!
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10

alexmcginness

VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.