Hi from Montreal (GR 55)

Started by RRhodes, September 19, 2014, 03:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRhodes

Hello from Montreal!

I just got me a GR 55 and found this forum while looking for info on the unit.

I haven't even decided on which guitar to install the pickup on, so I'm a total newb to all this.

Wish me luck?

thx
Gr-55 with GK 3 on Ibanez Artcore
JBL Pro series 4341 studio monitors
Behringer B112D's for live stuff

Kenmac

Hello from Toronto and welcome to the forum. Whatever guitar you install the pickup on, make sure you follow the instructions closely for best tracking. Also, once you do get things set up, make sure to check out the GR-55 patches that have been uploaded here from fellow users. Have fun!  :)
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

RRhodes

Having a lot of fun with this....so far

Only problem is that from time to time, a note that I play is no heard??  Can't yet pin down why and it is not repeatable, it just happens whenever and thankfully not too often??

Other than that, it is exactly what I need to add horn fills,etc. to a 3 man band type gig situation that I am working on. Might be a little tricky to play, loop, add brass fills and sing all at the same time, but I can see the potential of using the GR 55 live, not to mention all the rest.

thanks for the welcome

DonnieBoy

Hello fellow Montrealer:

I do a solo live thing with Ketron X4 midifile setup with GR-55 and vocals, all through a small Alesis mixer and powered Mackie SRM-350's.
I use a Godin G-3000 with a GK-3 pickup that I had installed at Italmelodie. I also used to own a "Roland-Ready" Fender Strat, but since I almost never use the natural guitar sound I found that the Godin tracks much better for synth.

Best of luck!

RRhodes