FC300 - Difference in switching with FS-5L or FS-6?

Started by clearlight, May 03, 2009, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clearlight

Im trying to use an fs5L with my fc300.
it seems i have to click the pedal twice for things to change....

is this normal?
any help would be appreciated...
My Music
My Band Website
GUITARS: 2x RG1521, 3x RG321 w/gk, Rg721 Fretless Modified, AmStd FatStrat w/gk, various others....
XV5050,Triton etc..
KOMPLETE 7
VGUITAR Stuff: VG99, FC300, RC5-

Brent Flash

I have had this happen to me when use LATCH in the CONTROL ASSIGN pane. But I don't remember if it happened when I had the FC in SYEX mode or another mode. Are you in SYSEX mode?

Brent Flash

You may want to check out this thread. It has some info on weird things happening with controller like this.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,1377.0.html

clearlight

well, changing ctl3 to momentary worked but isn't that the opposite of how it should be?
for instance how would i do a momentary?

weird
My Music
My Band Website
GUITARS: 2x RG1521, 3x RG321 w/gk, Rg721 Fretless Modified, AmStd FatStrat w/gk, various others....
XV5050,Triton etc..
KOMPLETE 7

Brent Flash

Quote from: clearlight on May 05, 2009, 09:12:45 AM
well, changing ctl3 to momentary worked but isn't that the opposite of how it should be?
for instance how would i do a momentary?

weird

The answer to your question is, this is a latching foot switch. Probably not the best choice to use with the FC-300. THe FS-5U may have been a better choice.

clearlight

not to beat a dead horse, but

i looked up the fs5u and its says that its "non latching"
is latching what i wanted , as momentary would only  engage the function while stepping....??
My Music
My Band Website
XV5050,Triton etc..
KOMPLETE 7

Brent Flash

Quote from: clearlight on May 05, 2009, 05:29:20 PM
not to beat a dead horse, but

i looked up the fs5u and its says that its "non latching"
is latching what i wanted , as momentary would only  engage the function while stepping....??
The VG does the latching, that is why your FS-5L is not working as expected. You may be able to go into the FC-300 parameters and select Latch for the switch input you are using it on and that may correct it. I don't know. I use all momentary switches. They work as expected in SYEX mode for the FC-300. In normal mode I have some issues but I think the latching switches may be worse?  ::)

rcknrllmn

Controlling my VG-99 with the FC-300.  I have several FS-5L's in the control jacks for IA commands.  I have to tap the pedal twice for the desired effect.  Is this because it is latched?  Would it benefit me to get the FS-6 & use it unlatched so I only have to tap once?

admin

Read
Which Footswitch do I need? .. Latch or Unlatch?
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13211.0

VG-99 Control Assign  [toggle] + FS-6  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)

VG-99 Control Assign   [toggle] + FS-6  [Moment] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led only lights while held down

VG-99 Control Assign   [moment] + FS-6  [moment] = effect only on while pedal held down, pedal led only on while held down

VG-99 Control Assign  [moment] + FS-6  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status