GR-30 -On board pedals disabled?

Started by Headless68, June 26, 2015, 11:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Guys
Is there a setting which disables the on board pedals - maybe an external midi control?
My pedals don't seem to respond in any mode - tried factory reset but you have to hold pedal 2 down when power on & I don't think it's seeing the pedal - everything else working fine & can change patches via s1 S2 or the patch + \ - keys but patch change or wah / pitch glide / hold / arp don't engage
I can hear the microswitches 'click' so the pedals are physically engaging

Any ideas?

Headless

Elantric

Check for Bad SMT Switches

Service Manual is here:
http://www.synfo.nl/servicemanuals/Roland/GR-30_SERVICE_NOTES.pdf

Headless68

Yep read the manual before posting but seems none of the panel selected options give any response from the pedals at all
I will take a look at the board next and try some contact cleaner on the switches - bit odd that all four would go which is why I was hoping there is some external override or something stopping them

Will report back

Headless

Elantric

Headless68

latest up date - read the service manual - when I go into test mode (dial one midi / dial 2 'D' & hold '4' and power on) I get  '0' flash up then '1' flash up then '12'  on the display, then it locks - if I switch off, move the parameter select (so its not in test mode) and power up it goes back into normal play mode.
This makes me suspect one of the foot switches (not number 4)  is permanently on -
strip and clean next

Headless

Headless68

OK - contact cleaner done - same story

Could someone with a GR-30 try something out for me :
Set Edit target to 'Midi'
Set paratmeter selet to 'D'
hold down (and keep down) pedal 1 and turn on
do you get '0' flash in group  then '1' flash in group then '12' stay in in bank & number ?

if not repeat for pedal 2 and pedal 3   (it cant be pedal 4 or it would just be going into the engineering test mode) 

Note- if you just power off & on it goes back into normal play mode again

If you get the same numbers as me with one of the pedals down it will tell me which switch is shorting out (if thats the problem)

Thankyou
Headless

Headless68

ok - its not the switches - I ran an LED on a battery across the switch terminals and they are all working ok

Looks like its going to be down to this '0' '1' '12' code but I cant see anything in the service notes that matches this condition

running out of options ?

Headless