GR-55 Bass - Normal pickup patches with PCM synths mixed on EXP pedal

Started by gumtown, March 04, 2011, 06:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumtown

Here are the first 4 patches i use, i like to make use of the normal pickup, but mix in some Synthy sounds with the EXP pedal.

1) Analog Pickup   This is normal analog pickup with EXP heel down, and toe down mixes in some pipe organ.

2) Analog Drive   This is normal analog pickup with EXP heel down, and toe down mixes in some strings and pad,
                       the normal pickup has some Bass Crunch applied to give a tubey kind of overdrive effect.

3) Analog Killers   This is normal analog pickup with EXP heel down, and toe down mixes in some 80's reso keys synth.
                         The EXP switch toggles the normal pickup on/off, the CTL pedal toggles Chorus on the bass.
                         I use this patch for playing some Killer songs where the intro uses synth only, and the synth is mixed with
                         bass through the song.

4) Analog Venus  This is normal analog pickup with EXP heel down, and toe down mixes in some PCM Choir and modeled Organ -2 octave.
                        The synth is played 1 octave up the scale, and the CTL pedal inserts a timed event of slicer and the slicer fades out
                         after about 6 seconds.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/