VG-99 - Harmony Tele/Acoustic with Delay

Started by sixeight, September 07, 2008, 12:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixeight

Here is an alternative to the Harmony Delay I've made earlier. This time it is a Telecaster with an acoustic guitar that plays along. The mp3 is an example of this patch - one take - VG-99 only. It really sounds like an acoustic guitarist is jamming along. I use a sustain pedal in ctrl-3 to tap the rhythm. Control-1 will change the rhythm tap from quarter note to eighth-with-a-dot, so the AG will play off-beat . Control-2 will pan the Tele left and the AG right.

I have made a user tuning of the harmony. It will sound OK on almost any chord, apart from F# (Gb), G# (Ab) and C# (Db) and the parallel minors to those. It sounds best on E and A chords. You can change the key though. Hope you like it.

Kenmac

Neat idea sixeight and good playing. I have your other harmony delay patch as well and I'll definitely be checking this one out.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."

Ludek

Hi Sixeight,

I begged to put some tweaking to your AMAZING patch and obtained something making me fascinated. A very sensitive strings picking returns me back to the best GENESIS era and brings back memories of the Hackett´s dreamy parts of their best on the Selling England.. or A Trick of the Tail. I´ll post it on the forum along with a minor mp3 attempt and surely stress that original belongs to you. Harmony work you made is very tricky and I suppose some deeper musical theory knowledge must be behind it. I do agree that A major is the right thing for the patch.
Ludek

bob e

Love the patch and the demo.  Can't wait to give it a spin.  Thank you very much for sharing your talent.

Bob E.