Fishman Triple Play - First Few Hours; Minimal Install; VSTs; GK3 & FTP

Started by shawnb, April 17, 2013, 08:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leketa

Quote from:  polaris20 on May 09, 2013, 07:33:34 AM
I'm using the FTP AUi in Garageband as a separate track, loaded on the "Hardware" patch. I've tweaked and saved a copy for picking and one for fingerstyle (I prefer piano patches using fingers). Then I load up the instruments I want on different tracks. Works very, very well. I don't like using the FTP AUi as a wrapper for instruments. Just a subjective workflow thing, though. It works fine.

Thanks for responding...
Just to be clear, you are:
Adding a new track in Garageband.
and you have the FTP plug in synth 1 as "Hardware synth"?

I'm curious if you are using the FTP patches (ie Acoustic Piano, Blues Organ etc.) or if you are using Garagebands instruments to record? If you are using the FTP patches, are they playing back well once you record with them?

Thanks!

polaris20

Quote from:  Leketa on May 10, 2013, 08:21:56 AMThanks for responding...
Just to be clear, you are:
Adding a new track in Garageband.
and you have the FTP plug in synth 1 as "Hardware synth"?

I'm curious if you are using the FTP patches (ie Acoustic Piano, Blues Organ etc.) or if you are using Garagebands instruments to record? If you are using the FTP patches, are they playing back well once you record with them?

Thanks!

I'm using the hardware patch on synth 1 on an empty track with no MIDI data. On another track, I've got a piano patch loaded from the Mainstage Jam Packs (29.99 in App Store).
Works great!

Not using any other FTP patch at all, and don't really need Komplete Elements or Sampletank loaded.

cc

Quote from:  Leketa on May 10, 2013, 08:21:56 AM

Unfortunately when Garageband plays back a recorded track all the MIDI comes out on channel 1, no matter what channel it was on when the recording was made. This means that patches that use more than one channel (eg ones that use Mono mode like Blues Organ) will not sound right on playback. Maybe Apple will do something about this in the future, but I don't know.

Leketa

I've found that Reaper works to record and playback FTP patches accurately...