VG-99 - Metallica - Enter Sandman

Started by Elantric, February 10, 2008, 04:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Metallica - Enter Sandman

By Andrew Turner.

Made using a GK-3 on an Ibanez with Ebony Fretboard, 10-46 strings, Line In on a Crate Powerblock Amp -> Marshall MG412 cab

http://vg99.webstandards101.org/vg-99.html

Elantric

Metallica - Master Of Justice

CTRL1 for 4th harmonies (Creeping Death) - CTRL2 for Harmonist (Blackened)

By Andrew Turner.

Made using a GK-3 on an Ibanez with Ebony Fretboard, 10-46 strings, Line In on a Crate Powerblock Amp -> Marshall MG412 cab

http://vg99.webstandards101.org/vg-99.html

RushFan

That Enter Sandman patch is really hot by the way. I would have probably included a control for the clean segments and a wah for the solo stuff, but it's still a great tone. Interestingly enough, if I play it with my non-GK Telecaster, it sounds closer to early Metallica.

ZORO

I'm completely unable to open ANY of your patches! Every time I try if reads "unable to open this file". I have an Intell Mac pro. Please help or post so I can load them.

Many Thanks,
ZORO

Elantric

Launch the VG-99 Editor

ZORO

I've tried it 100 ways.  Just tried with editor launched - "Cannot read files of this type".
Thanks for getting back to me but still not able to open. Any other suggestions ???
ZORO

Brent Flash

Quote from: ZORO on November 28, 2008, 01:29:17 PM
I've tried it 100 ways.  Just tried with editor launched - "Cannot read files of this type".
Thanks for getting back to me but still not able to open. Any other suggestions ???
ZORO
IMPORT / PATCH and it will not over-write your system settings.

ZORO

I've read where you warned against that.  I've been trying to load that way. I can load everyone's patches but sustainiac's.
ZORO

Brent Flash

Quote from: ZORO on November 28, 2008, 01:45:36 PM
I've read where you warned against that.  I've been trying to load that way. I can load everyone's patches but sustainiac's.
ZORO
I added the .mid version. Try those.

ZORO

Thanks!
I was able to open both, but Enter Sandman.mid loaded and there's no sound.  MasterOfjustice.mid sounds really good. If possible if you could give the .mid version of "nye lonn.g9e under acustic, i'd really appreciate it!  Any Idea why it seem I'm the only one who can't load sustainiac's patches?  Do you have any idea why I might not get any sound out of the .mid version of EnterSandman?
Again-Many thanks!
ZORO

ZORO

I did get Enter SandMan to fire up.  Patch volume was off.
ZORO

Brent Flash

Quote from: ZORO on November 28, 2008, 02:13:59 PM
I did get Enter SandMan to fire up.  Patch volume was off.
ZORO
I'll fix it also.

Brent Flash

Quote from: ZORO on November 28, 2008, 02:10:47 PM
Any Idea why it seem I'm the only one who can't load sustainiac's patches? 
ZORO
The .g9e files load with a different command than the .mid files. That is all I can think of is that you were trying to load the same way as the others. I loaded them fine when I created the .mid version.

Brent Flash

Quote from: ZORO on November 28, 2008, 02:10:47 PM
If possible if you could give the .mid version of "nye lonn.g9e under acustic, i'd really appreciate it! 
This one is done.

Thanks for pointing these out. We try to keep these off the board so they don't mess someone's VG up.

ZORO

Elantric

Glad that got sorted. Actually these are Andrew Turner's Patches  - reposted from an old VG-99 Board.