VG-99 - Pink Floyd's - "Wish you Were Here" patch & mp3 demo

Started by Brent Flash, March 25, 2008, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

Here are some patches for Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"

I have an attached demo mp3 and the patches are attached too. I have seen some interest in hearing patches before downloading them. I have also seen demo recordings with no patch. I don't know what good that does???

The demo was recorded with the two patches attached no other effects or EQ. Done with three stereo tracks, VG-99 left and right. One stereo track for intro "record player 12 string", one for first solo that turns into rhythm. And one for the synth track. No tricks.

FlashWUWHere12/6 patch opens ready for intro "record player 12 string" (Sorry could not figure out how to put needle noise). Hit CTR 1&2 on FC-300 to do first acoustic solo or Control 1&2 on VG if you don't have FC-300.  And FlashWUWHereSynt patch for the synth sound.

I may work on other sounds if anyone is interested let me know.

Have fun.
Brent Flash

Oh, I forgot to put that I will have the piano patch ready in a little while.

Just kidding!  ;)

Brent Flash

Latest demo is below on the fifth entry of this thread.

mos6507

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

Elantric

Brent - try uploading your full version - we recently raised the max filesize to 5.1MB

Brent Flash

Here is an additional patch for this song.

I got tired of straining myself trying to sing the guitar/vocal lead in the middle and end of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" so I created a patch that simulates the high vocal and I sing a lower part with it. Kinda like Gilmour does now live.

Mp3 demo below. The main patches are in the first post.

RoC1909

Quote from: Brent Flash on April 01, 2008, 09:54:25 AM
Here is an additional patch for this song.

I got tired of straining myself trying to sing the guitar/vocal lead in the middle and end of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" so I created a patch that simulates the high vocal and I sing a lower part with it. Kinda like Gilmour does now live.

Mp3 demo below. The main patches are in the first post.

Holy crap!! That sounds amazing!!

Thanks for the patch!

RoC

Brent Flash

Quote from: RoC1909 on May 29, 2008, 09:26:45 PM
Holy crap!! That sounds amazing!!

Thanks for the patch!

RoC

Thanks RoC! It is nice to know these patches and demos are being used. And sorry for the belated response! It is a little hard keeping up with everything in the maze.  ;D

kneagle

Quote from: Brent Flash on July 08, 2008, 09:51:58 AM
Thanks RoC! It is nice to know these patches and demos are being used. And sorry for the belated response! It is a little hard keeping up with everything in the maze.  ;D

Dude!!!

I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that MANY, if not all of us appreciate your patches and demos - it's just hard to always find the time to respond. In my opinion - your patches are always of the highest quality - and it's always a pleasure to hear your playing on the demos.

Keep 'em comin'!!!

Ken

Brent Flash

Quote from: kneagle on July 08, 2008, 06:42:53 PM
Dude!!!

I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say that MANY, if not all of us appreciate your patches and demos - it's just hard to always find the time to respond. In my opinion - your patches are always of the highest quality - and it's always a pleasure to hear your playing on the demos.

Keep 'em comin'!!!

Ken

Thanks Ken! I am glad you enjoy them. And thanks for the kind words!
Brent

RoC1909

Quote from: Brent Flash on July 08, 2008, 09:51:58 AM

Don't sweat the small stuff Brent!! As mentioned by others, your patches are of the highest quality and your playing is superb! Thanks again for sharing your talent with all of us!

RoC

vpanos

This patch is awesome!!
What guitar are you using?
I have a Carvin Bolt with GK2A (with alder body, maple neck, graphite nut and ebony fingerboard) and the patch dosn't sound the same! I have tried everything! I read every post but I have not found any solution!

Cheers,
Panos
Carvin Bolt custom guitar, internal GK2A, VG88, VG99, FC300, ROLAND KC-300

Brent Flash

Quote from: vpanos on April 01, 2009, 09:46:03 AM
This patch is awesome!!
I have a Carvin Bolt with GK2A (with alder body, maple neck, graphite nut and ebony fingerboard) and the patch dosn't sound the same! I have tried everything! I read every post but I have not found any solution!

Cheers,
Panos
This guitar.

What patch are you having trouble with? I may be able to help.

A2theT

Well isn't it obvious? That sound is coming from a Hamburger with EMGS. lol  ;) You should think about adding a GK to that sucka! (a bazillion loads of sarcasm here).

Quote from: vpanos on April 01, 2009, 09:46:03 AM
<crop>
</crop>
Cheers,
Panos
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

Brent Flash

Quote from: A to the T on April 01, 2009, 12:19:09 PM
Well isn't it obvious? That sound is coming from a Hamburger with EMGS. lol  ;)

No, never used the Hamburger's EMGs, ;D just the GK-3. No Mags used in demo.

vpanos

I have problem with the acoustic guitar (FlashWUWHere12|6). It's not sound quite the same! If you close your eyes at the end you understand that mine is an electric guitar but your demo sounds like an original acoustic guitar!!! It's the GK2A? I must replace it with the GK3? It's the nut (graphite)? I have done all the settings that you suggested (sensitivity for all strings 20-30), GK distance from strings less than 1mm. What else I have to do?

Thanks,
Panos

Brent Flash

Quote from: vpanos on April 02, 2009, 02:19:40 AM
I have problem with the acoustic guitar (FlashWUWHere12|6). It's not sound quite the same! If you close your eyes at the end you understand that mine is an electric guitar but your demo sounds like an original acoustic guitar!!! It's the GK2A? I must replace it with the GK3? It's the nut (graphite)? I have done all the settings that you suggested (sensitivity for all strings 20-30), GK distance from strings less than 1mm. What else I have to do?

Thanks,
Panos
Have you tried recording it to see how that sounds? Sometimes hearing the strings as you are playing changes your perception.

Another thing is I think I may have the GK volume knob assigned to EQ. so mess with that to see if you can dial it in a little better.

The next thing would be what speakers you are listening through. Can you tell what it is exactly that is not the same? Like too bright, not bright enough, not enough body?

You know I don't have a GK2 to test but most say that there is no difference between the GK2 and GK3 tone wise. Could be I used 10-46 gauge strings if you have 9-42 may make a difference?  ???

Hope this helps!

vpanos

I tried recording the song (via USB) and sounds better than before (maybe I heard the song so many times and I started to like it)! I played the solo with the same patch but the mix was only at channel A. It sounds mutch better than before. I have a Roland KC-300 (full range amp). I am listening your recording through this amp. I hear a slightly different body! And I use 9-42 strings. What parameter exactly have you assigned to the volume control? Have you made changes on global settings? I attach my own version of the song. ???

Brent Flash

Quote from: vpanos on April 03, 2009, 04:22:29 AM
I tried recording the song (via USB) and sounds better than before (maybe I heard the song so many times and I started to like it)! I played the solo with the same patch but the mix was only at channel A. It sounds mutch better than before.
I am thinking it is the strings and playing style that mostly cause the difference you are hearing. Another couple of things that can cause small vairation in tone can be (beleive it or not) the pick you use and the amount of palm muting.
Quote from: vpanos on April 03, 2009, 04:22:29 AMI have a Roland KC-300 (full range amp). I am listening your recording through this amp. I hear a slightly different body!
Try this little tip. It is not discussed much but it makes a big difference in the sound of a patch, IMHO. In the mixer section make 1ms adjustments to the CHAN DELAY and play as you do it. You will hear some pretty drastic variations of tone. I am surprised more is not discussed about this, I can only remember a couple of threads in this group that mention this. You will be surprised (I think?) when you do it how much it changes the tone. What I do is sit and change it one ms at a time until I find something I like.
Quote from: vpanos on April 03, 2009, 04:22:29 AMAnd I use 9-42 strings. What parameter exactly have you assigned to the volume control?
I use EXP 2 on the FC-300.
Quote from: vpanos on April 03, 2009, 04:22:29 AMHave you made changes on global settings?
No, I save them per patch.
Quote from: vpanos on April 03, 2009, 04:22:29 AMI attach my own version of the song. ???
I think your recording sounds very nice! :)

nkrcompany

Hello Guys!

First i would like to congratulate you. You really show us the possibilities of the VG. I'm very impressed. I have got a GT-8. I like it very much but I wish it had guitar modelling feature. :) 
Please help me a bit about downloading your mp3 demos from the forum. There are some that i can't download. To be more accurate i can download but the size is zero (0 byte). Do you know what i make wrong, or there is something that i dont't know.

Thank you in advance
Norbert Kiss (from Hungary)

Brent Flash

Quote from: nkrcompany on May 18, 2009, 04:51:21 AM
Hello Guys!

First i would like to congratulate you. You really show us the possibilities of the VG. I'm very impressed. I have got a GT-8. I like it very much but I wish it had guitar modelling feature. :) 
Please help me a bit about downloading your mp3 demos from the forum. There are some that i can't download. To be more accurate i can download but the size is zero (0 byte). Do you know what i make wrong, or there is something that i dont't know.

Thank you in advance
Norbert Kiss (from Hungary)
Welcome to the group nkrcompany!  :)

About the mp3, were you able to download the one in this thread with no problem? If so which one gave you trouble?

nkrcompany

I have problem with FlashWUWHereDem2.mp3 in this thread.
I clicked on the link -> the Save as window appeared -> The mp3 was downloaded but the size is 0 bytes
I hope you can help me because i wanna listen this demo. It's must be awesome too.

Brent Flash

Quote from: nkrcompany on May 18, 2009, 07:37:07 AM
I have problem with FlashWUWHereDem2.mp3 in this thread.
I clicked on the link -> the Save as window appeared -> The mp3 was downloaded but the size is 0 bytes
I hope you can help me because i wanna listen this demo. It's must be awesome too.
Hey nkrcompany! Sorry you are having trouble with it. I just downloaded it and there was no problem so I don't have an answer for you.

nkrcompany

Ok, Thanks, quicktime demos are working!
I have just listened them. Great Job!
I think, Roland should hire you to promote the vg  :)

Brent Flash

Quote from: nkrcompany on May 18, 2009, 08:05:54 AM
Ok, Thanks, quicktime demos are working!
I have just listened them. Great Job!
I think, Roland should hire you to promote the vg  :)
Great! They were fun to make and thanks for the kind words.

About Roland, not interested, that sounds a little too much like a real job, I am having fun helping out here and playing my music.

aliensporebomb

Sweet, and I love the little synth swells during the slide solo at the end, sounds a lot like the record.  Kudos!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.