GR-55 - Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home

Started by greekjgg, October 27, 2013, 07:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greekjgg

Here's the patch I use for playing "Home Sweet Home". I play in an 80's Rock Cover Band and I use this live.

1. I have a basic Heavy Rock Sound for the Guitar and its also tuned down 1 whole step to D
2. The second sound is the Piano with some synth background to compliment the Piano. I've tweaked the the piano octaves for how I play the piano portion which I use the open D string (C note in whole step down). I play it like the actual Keyboard part, but I use the chord progression Mick Mars used when he played the part on acoustic guitar live when Tommy Lee wasn't in the band. Most of the transcriptions I've seen are fairly complicated and unplayable in my opinion, but his chording with the actual "piano" sound gives it a very accurate replication. For a little "mood setting" I even play the progression once just me sorta like Tommy does live now. Everyone starts looking for the lighter apps on their iphones lol.

The setup is fairly simple using the CTL Pedal to toggle between both instruments.

Couple Fine Points:
1. I need to set it up so that at the end of the song as the guitar fades out to keyboard I should use the expression pedal to make this transition a little smoother
2. The guitar patch I use is one of my pain "Heavy Rock" patches. I have this cloned in Standard, Half Step, and Whole step but i've found that each tuning requires some fine tweaking as just simply changing the Pitch affects the overall patch volume and when lowering the pitch it naturally gets a little muddy so some EQ tweaking is needed to clean up the tone again.
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60