GR-55 - Jazz Organ 1 - Improved 3/7/11

Started by shawnb, March 02, 2011, 09:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnb

An attempt to reproduce one of my indispensible patches from my old GR30. 
When there's a bunch of guitarists jamming, hell, I play organ.
Feedback & suggestions welcome!
Shawn

Note - Improved 3/7/11 & added sample
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aliensporebomb

Reminds me of a jam I was at where there was a bassist, a drummer and about eight guitarists all wanting to play lead.  I set up with a weird murky organ like MURK tone - great idea!  Jazz Organ - gotta love it!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

FrankG

Hey Shawn,

I'm very new to the GR-55 ( I imagine like most)... so am just playing about to learn the basics...

I downloaded your patch and retrieved it with GUmTown's Floorboard, but it Locked the app... should I have used a Roland App??? I'd prefer to focus on GT's...

No panic regardless, as I mentioned just poking and kickin' tires... :)
the power to do nothing is tremendous, but it must not be abused...

FrankG

Shawn,

The Jean Luc Violin Voice did the same... but I know there is a new FloorBoard out so will try it before anything else...

Cheers!

Elantric

The GR-55 Floorboard shareware app is only a beta version, and not fully functional  at this time.

For the time being, you need to use the Roland GR-55 librarian to load and save the GR-55 patches we share here.

details here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3260.0

FrankG

shawnb

I used the Librarian to create these.   At the time Floorboard wasn't loading or saving for me.  I see there's a new version out today though!
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

gumtown

Quote from: shawnb on March 05, 2011, 02:51:10 PM
I used the Librarian to create these.   At the time Floorboard wasn't loading or saving for me.  I see there's a new version out today though!
I would recommend using the Librarian from Roland for now,
because even though GR-55FloorBoard may save patches to file,
what gets loaded back in from the saved file might not be quite the same as what you saved.
The file structure is not quite 100% as stated in the "Read Me" (that you all read while installing GR-55 Floorboard), but saving directly to/from the GR-55 itself to the editor is fine.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

FrankG

short note: Roland Librarian & GumTown's GR-55 Floor Board can run seamlessly at the same time... I would have thought for sure one would have "Locked-In" the Resource/driver and the other would have been unable to run... very handy to have as I keep dumping to disk via Lib as the FB-55 is used to tweak ... :)