FS: Blue GR55 with pin-7 mod, GK3 + cable, Jabrudian Missing Link

Started by mbenigni, April 06, 2016, 07:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbenigni

Hello all,

I've been hanging on to my GR55 for years now, with the intention of circling back and documenting all the fun I had with TouchOSC control.  But it's looking less likely I'll find the time to get into it properly, and I could use the money, so...

I'm selling an original blue GR55 with the pin-7 passthrough mod, the GK2A pickup and cable, and the (now discontinued, rare) Jabrudian Industries Missing Link wireless OSC/MIDI adaptor.  I can sell any combination of these, or sell them independently, so prices are just a guideline.  Let me know what you want and make a reasonable offer.  If anyone thinks these prices are too high - or two low - feel free to PM me and set me straight.  :)

GR-55:  This is in excellent condition with the original box, docs, etc.  The pin 7 join is not soldered; it's twisted wire insulated with electrical tape.  Never gave me any trouble, and I wouldn't expect any.   Easy enough to solder properly if that makes you more comfortable.  I only mention it as a matter of full disclosure.  $350 shipped in continental USA.

GK3 and cable:  This is the pickup/cable that shipped in the original box.  (I bought the bundle.)  $100 shipped in continental USA.

Jabrudian Industries Missing Link:  This is a small adaptor that presents itself as a WiFi network, so you can connect a device, e.g. iPad, PC, or Mac, and broadcast OSC to it.  It's currently installed inside the GR55 with a MIDI cable running out the side and into the GR55's MIDI input.  If you want both the GR55 and the Missing Link, I can leave it set up this way, and I'll help you through the process of using TouchOSC and my GR55 editor template to control the GR55.  If you just want the Missing Link, I'll reassemble it and ship it in its original condition.  Either way, the original enclosure and hardware are included, of course.  $100 shipped in continental USA.

Thanks!

whippinpost91850

Mark, Hate to see you drifting even further away. You must be getting along with your Helix.
Kemper misses you they just released 4.0 with the morphing feature, pretty cool along with a lot of other features. New reverbs and delays are on there way very soon as well. Good luck Paul

mbenigni

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on April 06, 2016, 08:18:52 AMMark, Hate to see you drifting even further away.

Hey, Paul.  I really appreciate that!  But you won't get rid of me that easy LOL.  I still lurk here and contribute when I think I have something useful to say (not as frequent lately, I'll admit.)  If anyone decides to buy my GR-55, you might find you see more of me rather than less, as I try to address their questions.

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on April 06, 2016, 08:18:52 AMYou must be getting along with your Helix.

Yes, for my modest needs the Helix is a great value - good amp modeling, awesome effects, flexible routing, and a great programmable footcontroller in one reasonably priced packaged.  Now that Apple has un-borked iOS with version 9.3, and JamOrigin MIDI Guitar has pretty expressive pitchbend happening, my bases are pretty well covered, and I'm not doing the 13-pin thing so much anymore.

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on April 06, 2016, 08:18:52 AMKemper misses you they just released 4.0 with the morphing feature, pretty cool along with a lot of other features. New reverbs and delays are on there way very soon as well. Good luck Paul

Yeah, I'm still on the Kemper facebook list (Kemper's own forum got a little too hostile for me) and I read about all the new features.  It looks like that platform is really coming along now.  Love the morphing pedal assignment and the strobe tuner.  And of course I still miss the Kemper amp/cab profiles.  :)

whippinpost91850

mbenigni