Greetings from Oceanside, CA

Started by goncaloalves, October 16, 2014, 02:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goncaloalves

Enjoying the discussions and posts immensely.  Must remember to eat and sleep (drinking - not a problem ;D).  Figured I better start posting if I'm gonna evolve beyond "Lurker" and this is a good place to start.  California native (Fresno and Sacramento, then SoCal after USN stint).  Guitarist since '68.  Into all kinds of music, but first love is Prog (hey - it was the 70's!).  These days my steady gig is New Song Community Church (Contemporary Christian, Gospel, whatever touches people's hearts) but still play with a group of work buddies since the late 80's.  Have a couple of nice customs Strats built from Warmoth parts, including Goncalo Alves wood with GK-2 Kit (ONLY) built in (main guitar).  Also a '78 Fender Strat, '61 Gibson SG (reissue, dang it).  And a constant rotation of cheapie (< $100) guitars (Squire, Lyon, etc.).  Love fitting them up with a GK through the VG and GR units and blowing people away with the sound!

Cheers!
Rock music is electronic music, dependent entirely on electronic circuitry and amplification.  -  John Frusciante

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group goncaloalves!  :)

Elantric

Welcome to the forum

Back in the 70's I played your local military bases ( had a near Spinal Tap moment fighting Air tower Radio Interference from my Vox AC30 - we had really long hair and there were delays when we showed up at the guard gate in our old van full of gear.

Best part of the gig was the "band condo" we got to stay at in Oceanside - I recall waking up one Saturday Morning to a ring side seat to see the 1978 Oceanside Whale Festival/Parade

Jay Graydon ( a great session player  / producer) told me he was in popular cover band in the '60's and had  played and stayed in the exact same condo back in the late 60's  - so we shared stories

lots to digest here!