Graphtech Ghost - Piezo and Midi Hexpander

Started by João Bonfá, April 30, 2014, 02:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

João Bonfá

Olá a todos os participantes deste fórum que compreendem língua portuguesa!
Criei este tópico no fórum para relatar minhas impressões sobre o sistema de captação da empresa Graphtech e poder discutir com outros usuários interessados em comprar ou trocar informações.

Adquiri os Sadles (carrinhos) para adaptar na ponte Floyd Rose da minha guitarra, o kit de captação Piezo (som de violão) e o kit midi hexpander (GK-3). Optei por comprar de um importador direto no Brasil. A instalação foi feita por Luthier.
Eu uso um GR-55 como guitar synth e como multi-efeitos para guitarra.

Prós:

Estou muito impressionado com a qualidade do captador Piezo que é acoplado aos carrinhos da ponte. Tenho um violão Takamine PT-108K e estes captadores Piezo não deixam nada a desejar. O Takamine está de férias.
O sistema midi é mais eficiente que o GK-3 da Roland porque o mesmo captador Piezo serve para substituir a função do captador do GK-3. O contato é direto com a corda e não há perdas nem a poluição visual bizarra do sistema GK-3 da Roland.
Outra coisa boa é que não há a perda de sinal no uso dos captadores magnéticos da guitarra. O sinal captado pelos captadores DiMarzio passa por dentro dos circuitos e sai pelo cabo de 13 pinos sem perda significativa.

Contras:

Nada é perfeito nesse mundo e, como não poderia ser diferente, eles deram um "mole".
Ninguém liga violão em série com pedaleira. Violão se liga direto no mixer ou em direct box.
Não consegui uma configuração onde eu possa mandar o som do violão só direto pelo Jack de saída sem mandar o sinal para o GR-55 pelo cabo de 13pin. Isso me impede de ter simultaneamente o som de violão puro e um som de guitarra com efeitos do GR-55. A não ser que eu ignore que tenho uma guitarra com captadores DiMarzio Evolution e use o simulador de guitarra do GR-55.

Solução:

Provavelmente deve ter um jeito de refazer as ligações dos cabos por dentro da guitarra e mandar o som de violão só pelo jack.
O jack de saída da Graphtech é stereo, então eu descarto o som de guitarra que vai para o jack usando um cabo Y.
Acredito que terei que instalar mais uma chave de 3 posições que servirá para dar a opção de direcionar os sinais do violão ou dos captadores magnéticos só para o jack de saída, bloqueando o envio para o cabo de 13 pinos.

Agradeço antecipadamente por qualquer comentário.
Estou a disposição também para esclarecer quaisquer dúvidas que estiverem ao meu alcance.

Bons sons a todos!

##################################################################
##################################################################

I think google translation very confuse.

My translation
----------
Hello to all!
I Created this forum thread to report my impressions about Graphtech Ghost System and be able to discuss with other users interested in buying or exchanging information .

I bought the Sadles to adapt on the Floyd Rose bridge of my guitar, the Piezo pickup kit ( acoustic guitar sound ) and midi hexpander kit ( GK-3 ). I chose to buy from a direct importer in Brazil . The installation was made by Luthier .
I use a GR-55 as guitar synth and multi-effects for guitar.

Pros :

- I'm amazed with the quality of the Piezo pickup that is coupled to the bridge stands . I have a Takamine PT-108K acoustic guitar with Piezo pickups and I think Graphtech is the same or better quality. The Takamine is on vacation.

- MIDI system is more efficient than the Roland GK-3 because it serves piezo pickup to replace the function of the GK-3 pickup. The contact is directly with the rope and no losses nor the bizarre visual pollution of the Roland GK-3 system .

- Another good thing is that there is no signal loss in the use of magnetic guitar pickups. The captured signal by DiMarzio pickups passes in circuits and out the cable 13 pins without significant loss .

Cons :

Nothing is perfect in this world and how could it be otherwise, they struck a big fail.
Nobody plugs acoustic guitars in series with guitar pedals. Acoustic guitars binds directly in the mixer or direct box.
I don´t got a setup where I can have the sound of the acoustic guitar by Jack only direct output without sending the signal thru the GR-55 by 13pin cable. It keeps me from having simultaneously the sound of pure acoustic guitar and an eletric guitar sound with effects of GR-55 . Unless I ignore that I have a guitar with DiMarzio Evolution pickups and use the simulator GR-55 guitar .
The mixed efects route output of GR-55 is no good, no professional.

Solution:

Should probably be a way to redo the wiring inside the Graphtech circuits and have the sound of the acoustic guitar only by jack.
The Graphtech´s output jack is stereo then I discard the guitar sound that goes to the jack using a Y cable.
I think I'll have to install another 3-position switch that will serve to give the option to target the signals of the acoustic guitar or magnetic pickups only to the output jack , blocking the dispatch to the 13-pin cable .

Thank you in advance for any comments .
I am also available to answer any questions that are within my reach.

Good sounds to everyone!
Graphtech LB63 Piezo and Midi - GR-55

Elantric

Welcome João Bonfá!

Google translation
----------
Hello to all the participants of this forum who understand Portuguese !
Created this forum thread to report my impressions of the capture system Graphtech company and be able to discuss with other users interested in buying or exchanging information .

Acquire the Sadles ( stroller) to adapt the Floyd Rose bridge of my guitar, Piezo pickup kit ( guitar sound ) and midi hexpander kit ( GK - 3 ) ??. I chose to buy from a direct importer in Brazil . The installation was made by Luthier .
I use a GR -55 guitar synth and such as multi - effects for guitar.

Pros :

I am very impressed with the quality of the Piezo pickup that is coupled to the bridge stands . I have a guitar Takamine EN - 108K Piezo pickups and they leave nothing to be desired . The Takamine is on vacation.
MIDI system is more efficient than the GK -3 Roland because it serves piezo pickup to replace the function of the pickup 3 - GK . The contact is directly with the rope and no losses nor the bizarre visual pollution of the GK - 3 Roland system .
Another good thing is that there is no signal loss in the use of magnetic guitar pickups . The signal captured by DiMarzio pickups passes in circuits and out the cable 13 pins without significant loss .

Cons :

Nothing is perfect in this world and how could it be otherwise, they struck a " mole " .
Nobody cares in series with guitar pedals . Guitar binds directly in the mixer or direct box .
Not got a setup where I can have the sound of the guitar by Jack only direct output without sending the signal to the GR -55 by cable 13pin . It keeps me from having simultaneously the sound of pure guitar and a guitar sound with effects of GR -55 . Unless I ignore that I have a guitar with DiMarzio Evolution pickups and use the simulator GR -55 guitar .

solution:

Should probably be a way to redo the wiring inside the guitar and have the sound of the guitar only by jack .
The output jack is stereo Graphtech then I discard the guitar sound that goes to the jack using a Y cable
I think I'll have to install another 3-position switch that will serve to give the option to target the signs of the guitar or magnetic pickups only for the output jack , blocking the dispatch to the 13-pin cable .

Thank you in advance for any comments .
I am also available to answer any questions that are within my reach .

Sounds good to everyone!

sandruvs

Sim amigo tudo bom,isso mesmo a solução que vc disse é exata chave de 3 posições que servirá para dar a opção de direcionar os sinais ,eu mesmo instalei o sistema na minha guitarra e fiz exatamente isso,posso usar o som guitarra normal , o violao do piezo ou os dois juntos com a chave de trez posição OK.

turenko

Fala João,

Eu acho que o que voce pretende (ter os dois sons ao mesmo tempo) do piezo e dos captadores DiMarzio voce pode dar uma olhada no wiring das guitarras iGuitar da Brian Moore.  A minha tem esta ligação e consigo utilizar ao mesmo tempo os dois sons, só que tenho que usar um cabo "Y" com conector estéreo, o jack da minha guitarra está com este setup, entra o plug estereo, em que um deles é o som dos piezo, e o outro o som dos captadores normais.

acredito que no site da brian moore voce consegue baixar os esquemas de ligação desse jeito. se não, manda aí um email docturenko@gmail.com que eu envio os meus manuais.

Abraços,

Ricardo Turenko
Brian Moore iGuitar 9.13
KRAMER Richie Sambora 1989 with gk-3
Squier Japan 1989 with Gk-2
Takamine EF 291M(E) with Gk-3