Logo Contest for VGuitar Forums

Started by Slackjaw, September 25, 2010, 04:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddlooping

P.S:
Rob, have you seen the latest version of the logo?

I personally think it's much nicer then the one you're (temporarlily) using.
Diaz Guitars (work in progress)

Slackjaw

Yes.  It's fab.  I'll re-do the graphic when I get home tonight with this new temp.  The "poll" will be sometime like this weekend!
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

ddlooping

Trying to bring some color to the whole thing...

Edit: weird, the forum is resizing it.  :(

ddlooping

Quote from: Admin Rob on September 27, 2010, 11:21:04 AM
Yes.  It's fab.  I'll re-do the graphic when I get home tonight with this new temp.  The "poll" will be sometime like this weekend!
Cool. :)

Slackjaw

Quote from: ddlooping on September 27, 2010, 11:55:23 AM
Trying to bring some color to the whole thing...

Edit: weird, the forum is resizing it.  :(

Now yer talkin!

Orange, huh?  Well, it's just a style sheet.  Easy enough to try things out.  Would you want to send me the colors (codes) you think we should use since you appear to be the color-coordinated artist type?  ;)
My Rig: Brian Moore i2.13 > Guitar Rig 4 and Roland GR-09 > Ableton Live 8 Suite > Alesis  MasterControl > Little Dot 1+ > Allesandro MS-1 Headphones > My Head > My Soul

ddlooping

Quote from: Admin Rob on September 27, 2010, 12:30:57 PM
Would you want to send me the colors (codes) you think we should use since you appear to be the color-coordinated artist type?  ;)

If you mean new color codes for the forum I'm not sure it'd be a good idea.
You would have to redo all its graphics to match (I don't have the time to do it myself).  :-\
However, I'd suggest you have a look at the available themes for SMF and see if there's one to your liking.
It'd be then easier to adapt the logo to it. ;)

Slackjaw

Good point.  I am open to opinions on this.

ddlooping

I see you put the new version of the logo. It does brighten up the forum a bit I think. :)

A2theT

Yes, I humbly concede victory to ddlooping.  His latest submission is the best IMO (barring any legal action from Roland, lol)
I will stick to making patches and less to logos. :)
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

ddlooping

Quote from: A to the T on September 28, 2010, 12:36:16 PM
Yes, I humbly concede victory to ddlooping.  His latest submission is the best IMO (barring any legal action from Roland, lol)
I will stick to making patches and less to logos. :)
Thanks, A to the T, even though I hope the winners in the end will be the forum users. :)
Also, the poll hasn't been posted yet. ;)

paults

If there are some other SMF themes and colors you like, it might work better than the blue and orange combo.  Is there a brushed aluminum theme?  Hmm... come to think of it, "White is the new Silver" with Roland's latest products.  LOL

ddlooping

So what did I win then?  ;D

If I could chose a price I'd like to have a bigger avatar so I can better display my "Ghost" (a guitar I designed). :)

Brent Flash

Quote from: ddlooping on October 21, 2010, 07:35:02 PM
So what did I win then?  ;D

If I could chose a price I'd like to have a bigger avatar so I can better display my "Ghost" (a guitar I designed). :)
You may have to wait till Rob gets back from vacation to find out what is what on that. He never let me know what he planned and I don't know how much he will monitor the forum while he is gone?  ::)

ddlooping

Slackjaw

You win an all new 2011 Toyota Prius (1/64th scale).  Or you can give up the Prius and have the avatar of your dreams!  I'm gonna need to figure out how to override the global setting.

Still up in Montreal, but send me your avatar requirements and I'll figure out how to make it happen!

Bonsoir,

Admin Robe'r

ddlooping

Tough choice.......  :-\

I think I'm going to go for the bigger avatar.  :)

On a general note, there seem to be quite a lot of empty space in the left column, enough to accommodate a 200px wide avatar.
The biggest size allowed is 110px x 110px when using an album cover and 65px x 65px in all other cases (or so it seems).
I don't think allowing bigger avatars in general, in the days of broadband, would be as much an issue as what it used to be.
Also there is the "Don't show users' avatars." option for those unfortunate to still be on a slow connection.

Would 150px x 150px be reasonable?
You could probably implement it fairly easily by using an exception in the code like "if($userID == ){..." or "if($username == ){...".
If not I'd settle for 110px x 110px (which could be easily applied to all users). ;)

Merci et a bientot. :)

Slackjaw

OK...just got a chance to login this evening.  Let's go with 150 x 150 and see what happens!

ddlooping

ddlooping

ddlooping

Brent Flash

Quote from: ddlooping on November 05, 2010, 07:57:27 AM
Why do I have a karma of -1.   :'(
I would not worry about it. I am not sure if it works like it is intended. I have had a karma of 39 for about a year now or ever since it was added. I don't remember it ever being 0 or even 5, or -1. Just 39 was there one day and it never changes?  ???
I would have thought some members would have liked your contribution of the logo and given you applaud, maybe not? It may not work? I will give you applaud and see if it goes to 0.

ddlooping

Back to 0, thanks.  ;D

Edit: up to 1  8)

727lawrence

That was great work, so I applauded you as well  ;)

ddlooping

Quote from: 727lawrence on November 05, 2010, 02:13:48 PM
That was great work, so I applauded you as well  ;)
Thanks. :)
I applauded you 'cause you were on -1. ;)

727lawrence

Thanks but now I'm back at -1 again. Maybe somebody keeps smiting me ...