Godin Session Triple Play internal vs. External Triple play

Started by Octapad1, March 22, 2015, 06:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octapad1

Hi folks,

I am thinking of getting the Godin Session custom with internal Fishman triple play, and noticed that on the standalone external version of tripleplay, that there is a sliding switch for guitar/mix/ synth.  I don't see that on the Godin session and that is a very important feature to me.

Maybe I am misunderstanding and if you have the Godin, then you just plug in your amp thru the traditional pickups, and control synth and guitar volume /mix thur the separate rotary knobs they have dedicated to guitar volume and synth volume?

Any help would be appreciated.

M

patrick802

BackDAWman

You would have thought to be complete you would have 13 pin access as well for modelling...

Octapad1

Hey BackDAWman...( cool name)

I see that you have the TC helicon voice live 3.  I have seen the videos online with Tom Lang from TC and he does a great job yet I'm wondering if you can give me a review on it relative to the guitar effects vocal harmonies and overall functionality and if you think it's worth the price because it is very expensive..

Thank you

Elantric

I see that you have the TC helicon voice live 3.  I have seen the videos online with Tom Lang from TC and he does a great job yet I'm wondering if you can give me a review on it relative to the guitar effects vocal harmonies and overall functionality and if you think it's worth the price because it is very expensive..

Thank you

FWIW - We have a several page thread of users sharing tips and tricks and use of TC Voicelive 3 here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10523.0

Vade

You can also find decent deals on Ebay and TC Helicon's support is very good. They had no problem doing a warranty repair on my Ebay VL3.

Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

BackDAWman

Quote from: Octapad1 on March 23, 2015, 07:35:56 PM
Hey BackDAWman...( cool name)

Thank you

I love this unit! I use the GTX Play as well but the VL3 is much better in quality of sound and in the depth of tweak-ability and flexibility of harmonies. I don't use it for guitar as I have a GP-10 and a GR55 which are far superior in that department in my opinion.

PeterPan8

I know it's a bit late for an answer, but I'm thinking of people who are wondering about this for the first time. And I pondered on the same question before I bought my guitar.

First, read the question:
QuoteI am thinking of getting the Godin Session custom with internal Fishman triple play, and noticed that on the standalone external version of tripleplay, that there is a sliding switch for guitar/mix/ synth.  I don't see that on the Godin session and that is a very important feature to me.
Then, the answer (mine):

I got my Godin Session Custom (FTP) about 3 months ago (March 2017), and you don't need the external "sliding switch" since there is a knob that does the same thing, if not better, since you can adjust the intensity of the midi output Vs. the guitar output. I think it does a better job than simply having an "on-off" switch.

Hope this will help anyone wondering about it ;)

thunderfingers

I have the fender strat with built in triple play. I think it's the same internal module on the godin session. I had my tech add the synth/both/guitar switch and it worked perfectly. There were unused connections for the switch in the module.

But now I use the livid guitar wing and gigperformer software for that switching. It's faster and more reliable. Here is a video about my setup.
I'm glad to provide more details if you are interested.

jimsav

Quote from: thunderfingers on June 16, 2018, 07:57:16 AM
I have the fender strat with built in triple play. I think it's the same internal module on the godin session. I had my tech add the synth/both/guitar switch and it worked perfectly. There were unused connections for the switch in the module.

Thunderfingers - Do you have a photo of your strat with the synth/both/guitar switch added?    I am once again investigating having this type of switch installed on the Godin Session TriplePlay.  Thank you.