GR55 not saving all edits on user patches ( check conflicts in Control Assigns)

Started by MrJim65, September 21, 2011, 02:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Krebs

YES! Very true. You have to let it do it's thing for a few seconds after clicking "write". Very important and something that I noticed recently too. I am using a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 and an older version of Gumtowns editor and it works perfectly unless I try to go too damn fast LOL! My blue GR55 on the other hand likes to increase reverb decay times on a few patches on it's own occasionally . Other than that it's rock solid and I can live with it's tiny bit of quirkiness. Maybe it just likes longer reverb decay times than I do LOL!

Elantric

User Parameters not Saving within a Patch

Some of the factory Preset patches in the GR-55 have the CTL pedal and/or EXP SW assigned to control various functions, for example, the PCM Tone On/Off switch.

An assignment of this nature can make it appear that User parameters are not being stored in a patch. To turn off the pre-assigned CTL and/or EXP SW functions, follow these steps.

1. Select the desired User patch.

2. Press the EDIT button.

3. Press PAGE left or right to select the MASTER tab, and then press ENTER.

4. Cursor left to "PEDAL/GK CTL," and then press ENTER.

5. Cursor down to "CTL FUNCTION," and then turn the dial counterclockwise to select "OFF."

6. Press PAGE right to select the EXP SW tab.

7. Cursor down to "EXP SW FUNCTION," and then turn the dial counterclockwise to select "OFF."

8. Save this new setting into the patch by pressing WRITE twice.

Note: Some patches may also contain assignments in the ASSIGN section that can effect custom stored parameters. If the above steps don't help with your patch, go to the ASSIGN menu, turn off each assignment in the patch, and then save the settings.

janderson128

Has anyone had this problem:

I will set up a user patch.  For example, The CTRL will turn on the Delay, boost the solo switch of the amp, turn off the eq, and also turn the gain to high on the amp.  I'll save the setting, Exit, and then play on that patch and everything works perfectly.  I then move to another patch and bank play for a while (I make no changes or edits in any of the other patches) and then come back to the original patch as described above.  Now, the CTRL turns off the delay, boosts the solo, but reverses the gain to low, and turn's on the EQ.  THEN, within the same bank I click on another patch then immediately come back to that patch and everything is fixed back to my original setup!  All without ever entering the edit function of any patch.

PLEASE tell me I'm not crazy, or there is a fix for this.

Elantric

gumtown

that is a reason to test your patch assigns by saving and steering back to your patch from another patch.
Also be aware of the state the effects are in when saving the patch,
as they will initially start in that same saved state when the patch is selected, until an assign or pedal is activated to set the controlled state of that effect..
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/