stereo horn patch

Started by iamdave, February 24, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamdave

Hello all, using a brian moore guitar with a gr55, and am trying to do a stereo horn patch for blues backup etc. Rhythm 07-2 is a rnb horn patch but it's mono. How would I make it stereo?

Are there any cool horn patches here or anywhere that can be downloaded into this also?

Wouldn't mind better organs also with like a draw bar on the pedal. My gr33 had one that seemed better than what I've heard so far on the 55. Thoughts? Am I missing something?

Dave

shawnb

Dave -

Don't know of a patch offhand.   You could start with 7-2, and experiment with the Chorus stereo settings and/or the Delay stereo settings, see if that gives you what you're looking for. 

The 7-2 voice is built up from a couple of PCM voices, a brass & a sax.  You could also simply edit those and pan one slightly right & the other slightly left for a different effect.   

If you need help doing these tweaks, just ask!

I had a GR30 and loved the Jazz Organ sound.  I made an attempt to emulate that here:
   https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3336.0

Shawn
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Elantric

Quotewith a gr55, and am trying to do a stereo horn patch for blues backup e

Try here
GR-55 PCB Brass Patches
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=125.0

Lots of GR-55 Organ Patches here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=76.0

iamdave

Thanks folks. Hey, one thing I can't seem to find is how you pan things.

I would think I could pan strings on my guitar, or instruments. Some reason I can't find the pan in the settings or throughout the manual.

How do you pan?

Many thanks,

Dave Byers
www.davebyersmusic.com
www.writingsongs.com
www.christiansongwriting.org
www.dcmusicstore.com

Elantric

This is an overview of the GR-55 Audio Blocks

And a detailed Inspection of the actual Audio Routing.

See page 25 of GR-55 Owners manual for explanation of the PCM 1 /2 Controls - and see that each PCM Tone has a separate "Pan" control.

To Pan Guitar,

Choose the GR-55 Structure with "AMP/MOD", and buried in the MOD Controls is a Pan control for Guitar
See page 42 of GR-55 Owners manual -

Or

Choose the GR-55 Structure with "MFX", and buried in the Controls is a Pan

See page 45 of GR-55 Owners manual -

IMPORTANT GR-55 POINT OF INTEREST.
Understand that anytime you Enable many types of "Stereo Effects" in the MOD or MFX Block, or enable the GR-55's Main "Delay , Reverb, Chorus" effects - you loose your stereo image set by ALL the above Pan Controls.

You must disable GR-55's Main "Delay , Reverb, Chorus" effects  if you want to maintain your Stereo Instrument Pan Assignments set above.

THANK YOU ROLAND  ::)

shawnb

If you're new to the GR-55, it may not be very obvious that you can scroll down the list of parameters:

From the main screen, hit EDIT.   
Select one of the main components (PCM1, PCM2, etc..) & hit ENTER. 
Scroll down a bit to see PAN. 

(Of course, it's preferable to use Gumtown's editor!)

Elantric's right - the FX have panning settings/variants, and if you select them, you kind of turn over responsibility to panning to the effect.   

Shawn

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp