Pics of Fusion's sound room and rig.

Started by Fusion, December 17, 2014, 05:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

Some new pics of my sound room and rig.

Guitar pedalboard is independent from the GR55 chain. I use the GR55 for ambient and background w my std guitar rig.

Two outside twin 12s are Eminence Man O War loaded those are my guitar rig cabs. Center is a Carvin 4x12 loaded with split wired Vintage 30s for the synth.
Things may change but that is what I had on hand and it seems to be kicking it.

My kit Strat w the GK3. Seymour Duncan Everything Axe prewired w Gold pickguard, a real tone monster.
Ebony fingerboard on a Strat just too cool.

As always a work in progress but certainly the best rig I have ever had and played in my life.
"Long ago in days of old when magic filled the air..."

Vade

That's quite a rig there Fusion although you may need to give the details out for some of the newbies such as myself. Constantly changing rigs and spending under scrutiny seem to be constant themes here as you mention in another thread. But at least your playing is well appreciated. My experience is more akin to this poor fellow without the accolades or paycheck...

"Tom Herman spent last Tuesday at the Broyles Award banquet in Little Rock, Ark., where he was introduced as "the quarterback whisperer" in a video montage highlighting how the Ohio State assistant coach turned a pair of backups into unlikely heroes and an offense without Braxton Miller into a model of efficiency.

"I need to get that and show that to my wife," he quipped, "and maybe she'll think a little bit more of me."
Of course, he's kidding. But to illustrate the point, he offers the following passage, which takes place with his wife, Michelle, on the way to the airport a day earlier.

"We had just won the Big Ten Championship with our third-string quarterback and I looked at her and said, 'Michelle, in your wildest dreams, did you ever think that I would be coaching Ohio State and be a finalist for the Broyles Award?' And she looked at me and said, 'Tom, you're not in my wildest dreams.'"
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

Fusion

I was going to detail but it seemed to be getting rather long and indulgent and that was not my intent. Just having so much fun this xmas with my new GR55 I took some new pics.
This rig is the culmination of my 40yrs of playing guitar and many things were purchased a brick at a time often on short payment plans to be able to afford it. Like my new GR55 synth, a smaller 8 payment no qual credit approval deal from zZounds else I could not have afforded it.
I just got back into messing with the synth thing having the older GR33 years ago. I have long been a pedalboard guitar fiend each pedal I current have is a result of constant upgrade, keep or drop. I have a reserve stock of more pedals. I love guitar pedals, been a passion for ages.
I can give you a list of the board chain. My main guitar chain is independent from the GR55 chain. I do not run my pickups into the GR or out the guitar out jack. I am creating a hybrid dual system. The synth is just an enhancement to the guitar for things one cannot do on a normal guitar pedal thing, which includes all the harmonizer, delay, reverb ability this has. I use string pads, bass guitar, maybe acoustic, 12 string, strings are a fav and maybe piano on the synth, plus cool noises like wind with thunder, love that storm thing for spooky, choir sounds under my heavy gain rhythms very cool. Massively heavy. I am a heavy fusion player nothing light and fluffy unless I am just goofing around.

Vade

It'll be interesting to see how the GR-55 fits into your system after you've played around with the dual stream and tweaked it a bit. I ended up with a dual stream as well although mine has one guitar leg starting with the GP-10 COSM guitar modeling into amp modeling and effects while the other leg is synth/sample based streaming in from a cpu. But then again I don't have your 40 years worth of pedals to play around with. Lots to love about all these different paths and I doubt there'll be much blowback if you choose to share what sort of solutions you come up with even if it ends up being "rather long and indulgent." Best of luck!
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

Fusion

What is cool for me is I can journey into various paths and platforms. I have such a well developed guitar pedalboard there was just no way I was going to shelf that and go with the GR-55 as a core platform, although that option is always there. I build my patches around what I can use with my guitar rig to enhance the overall tonal experience without just washing out into just too much going on, which is very easy to do.
I am still just developing my patches, maybe have 20 or so. I tend to like various Bass constructs using both the COSM and PCM bass ability but that stays on the synth rig outs. I am also working on some more synth things to get me into the more Beck, Hammer sort of thing which got me into fusion stuff. I like the various cool things the snyth can do like wind, thunder and such which can add a special cool effect to atmospheric playing.
Massive human choirs sounds are a fav under my massive gain structure tones, never heard anything that heavy from anyone. That Pipe Organ is a monster not to mention the cool Deep Purple organ backing I am working on, now that is fun.

I do have some COSM stuff like my Kashmir Orchestration string patch which uses the DADGAD(D-Modal) tuning using a mid position Les Paul model w a moderate gain amp sound to enhance that cool Pagey thing. That is just on the snyth side of things as I do not use my std guitar for that one. I have some very beautiful 12 string patches with some background string pads which are just so fun to play. Sure I could pipe the 12 string COSM into my guitar rig but I really do not need to do so as the snyth rig is fully developed to render that on its own.
I have so much to do today need to get the cans on and develop some new patches and in dire need of new drum patterns on my DR-88. I think that is the hardest thing as I am a piss poor drummer and programming useful drums beyond a repetitive loop is so hard for me. Anyway for once a fun xmas time for me, my fingers are killing me.

So many options and so many ways to use the various gear, it is quite infinite in scope. And that was my desire, to have a rig capability beyond my ability, that way the horizon is always open to new ideas and developments. Biggest problem I have is keeping the wifey and kids away from standing over the rig trying to add up what all that costs. This is the culmination of my 40yrs playing guitar, buying, trading, making payments over and over it was done over years and years.

Fusion

For those who might be interested in the pedalboard chain. 'The far end board has my DR-88 drum unit, my GR-33 which is currently not used, the mighty GR-55.
Pedalboard begins with a gold model Pitch Black tuner, Wampler Compressor, Voodoo Lab Giggity, Digitech Whammy V, Fulltone MDV3 Deja Vibe, Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, Egnater Goldsmith boost/overdrive, Egnater Silvermith boost/distortion, Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe, MXR EVH Phase 90, Egnater DarkMetal, into rack unit.
Stereo loop is a tc electronic X4 delay, into a stereo Digitech Supernatural Reverb.
My rack is loaded with more goodies and the power amp systems.

Elantric