GR-55 - Some New Patches

Started by Jim Williams, May 30, 2011, 04:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Williams

Here are some new patches.
1. GR-20 Moody sax (because so many people have asked for it)

2.Acoustic+Electric (Dual guitar COSM acoustic on one side and regular pickup with COSM amp on theother side. Use the expression pedal to bring the electric guitar in and out. Very useful for alot of things.

3.Knopler I used the settings from a new VG-99 Patch that sounded great. Thanks duffy for the insperation for this one. If you have the VG-99 editor you can recreate alot of your nice VG-99 patches. the same goes for the other GT-X gear gumton has made an editor for all of them and I thank him for all his efforts.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

viramundo

Thanks for the patches.

Nice if a little heavy on the reverb & echo.

Jim Williams

Here are some patches I put together with some different control assigns; they might help some of you with figuring out controls to do some multi-tasking in a single patch. None of the guitars are my normal pickups, just the COSM guitars. Have fun.

1.   2 channels- I set the COSM guitar to a clean amp with some strings through the MFX block. When I step on the CTL switch it turns off the strings and re-routs the COSM guitar to the AMP/MOD block. Then when you step on the EXP switch it activates the solo switch.
2.   12 string acc and classic plexi – pretty much the same as example 1 except when I reroute the COSM guitar I change and turn off the 12 string switch at the same time.
3.   Art Holmes is based on my good friends' favorite clean sound and the gritty blues sound he likes. Just like example 1 it re-routs the COSM guitar
4.   Bluesy MS just a nice bluesy Marshall with a solo switch and a wha wah switch.
5.   Dead Flowers- with the EXP pedal down it's an acoustic guitar and when you step up on it blends in a piano. When you step on the CTL switch it switches to a tele and a Marshall Plexi  Just like in example 2.
6.   EPiano and sax- it's pretty self-explanatory.
7.   For the love of god- just my take on the Steve Vai sound.
8.   Low- just rerouting the COSM guitar path for some channel switching again.
9.   Making Love- pretty much the same as example 2 but it adds another PCM and changes the pickup with the solo boost.
10.   Match and brass- a Matchless amp with some brass on the EXP pedal.
11.   MS Stack and B3- Just a B3 on the EXP pedal.
12.   MS Stack- everything you would expect from doing a show wiyh a Marshall and a Crybaby.
13.   Piano and Sax- you know the deal.
14.   Runaround Sue- If you like the 50's this will get you through the night.
15.   Say it isn't so- more re-routing to channel switch.
16.   Simple Man- Skynard lives, it's pretty much the same as example 2.
17.   Sloopy – a classic guitar sound with a Rhodes.
Sorry for the sloppy playing, but you get the picture.

Jim Williams

here are the rest of the mp3's from the control assign patch collection.

notnomiistakes

thanks for the extra effort I heard them all :D

strayhorse45

GREAT WORK and GREAT PATCHES & MP3s!
Thank you very much for sharing!  :)

myksara

Excellent! Thanks for sharing
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

TommyJay

Wow thanks very very much Jim, greatly appreciated.
Tommy