dbx -Go-Rack

Started by Elantric, August 06, 2016, 07:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

It's a mixer , a pair of XLR/TRS Mic Pres, Compressor and EQ

I bet it helps inserting this between your VG/GR/GR output and FRFR powered PA cabs or powered IEM at live gigs

Works as a stereo DI box too

I ordered two.
I can add four mic pre to my Kmix

The anti-feedback is very effective

http://www.proaudiostar.com/dbx-go-rack.html

DBX goRack

This might help when using a DSP Amp Modeler feeding  typical self powered FRFR Cabs for Electric Guitar

Use the Mid Boost EX setting

and the dbx 163X  Stereo Compressor algorithm might prove helpful too
===
eBay with ProAudioStar has the dbx goRack Signal Processor Rack for $30 with free shipping.

The goRack sits next to a set of powered speakers and provides powerful signal processing including Anti-Feedback, Compression, Sub-Harmonic Synth and EQ.

Historically, the convenience of portability in a PA System has meant a compromise in sound quality and fidelity. To answer that call, we at dbx Professional Products are proud to introduce the all-new goRack™ Performance Processor. The goRack is an easy-to-use portable speaker processor. Based on our industry-leading DriveRack Series, the goRack sits next to a set of powered speakers and provides powerful signal processing including Anti-Feedback (based on our AFS™ Advanced Feedback Suppression algorithm), Compression, Sub-Harmonic Synth and EQ. Each processing function can easily be enabled or disabled via top-level function buttons, and settings can be adjusted via goRack's large data wheel.

goRack's rear panel features combination 1/4"/XLR inputs that can be connected to either mixer outputs or microphones. When using a mic, the goRack's Mic/Line switch selects the proper input sensitivity and gain range while dual gain controls on the top provide independent level adjustment. goRack's 1/8" Aux input allows for direct connection of mobile music players while XLR outputs interface with powered speakers.

The goRack represents the best of dbx's DriveRack processing in its purest, most simplified form all housed in a sleek, compact form factor that fits in your hand, or back pocket. The goRack is perfect for applications from a mixer, or with its dual XLR inputs and Aux input, it can be used as a standalone performance processor/mixer for the solo artist.

ANTI-FEEDBACK PROCESSING

Make annoying and potentially painful audio feedback a thing of the past with the goRack's simple-to-use, Anti-Feedback processing. Based on dbx's industry-leading AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) algorithm, the goRack makes eliminating system feedback a snap. Simply press the goRack's Anti-Feedback function button and use the Data Wheel to adjust the settings. The goRack listens for, anticipates and removes feedback automatically without altering your sound.

COMPRESSOR

Control dynamics and fine-tune your system with the straightforward Compressor feature based on the legendary dbx 163 Compressor. Minimize peaks and level out variances in your audio source material with goRack's intuitive Compressor feature.

SUB-SYNTH

goRack's Sub Synth feature is the perfect tool for adding extra bass to your system. For decades, dbx's patented Subharmonic Synthesis has been the secret weapon used by mobile DJ's and film and sound professionals to produce low frequency impact unavailable from any other device—unique because the dbx process actually produces a new, Waveform Modeled™ bass note, exactly an octave below the bass in the original audio.

EQ

Add richness and clarity to your audio with the goRack's EQ feature. Experiment with one of goRack's custom EQ settings to instantly improve bass, midrange and treble response. The goRack's EQ can also be used to adjust a sound system to account for the acoustical response of a room or an outdoor venue.

The dbx goRack is ideally suited for live sound applications where portability is essential without compromising sound quality

Features/Specs
Compact Form Factor
Anti-Feedback Processing based on the dbx AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) algorithm
dbx Compression (based on the dbx 163)
Subharmonic Synthesis
EQ (20 Musical Genre-Based 31-Band Graphic EQ Settings)
Dual dbx Microphone Preamp/Line Inputs
Selectable Mic/Line Input Settings
Stereo Inputs and Outputs
Combination Mic/Line Input Jacks and XLR Outputs
1/8" Stereo Aux Input for Mobile Music Players/Devices
Independent Left and Right Channel Volume Control

Mic/Line Inputs   2, independently switchable between mic or line level
Mic/Line Input Connectors   Female ¼" - XLR combination
Mic/Line Input Type   Electronically balanced, RF filtered
Mic/Line Input Impedance   Switch set to MIC: 2 kΩ balanced, Switch set to LINE: 22 kΩ balanced
Mic/Line Input Max. Gain   Switch set to MIC: 48 dB, Switch set to LINE: 5 dB
Mic/Line Input Max. Input Level   Switch set to MIC: 0 dBu, Switch set to LINE: +20 dBu
Mic/Line Input CMRR   > 45 dB
Aux Input   1
Aux Input Connector   Female stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS mini
Aux Input Type   Unbalanced, RF filtered
Aux Input Impedance   20 kΩ
Aux Input Max. Input Level   +20 dBu
Outputs   2 line outputs
Output Connectors   Male XLR
Output Type   Impedance balanced, RF filtered
Output Impedance   40 Ω
Maximum Output Level   +14 dBu
Mic/Line A/D and D/A Converters   24-bit
Mic/Line A/D and D/A Dynamic Range   115 dB A-weighted
Aux Input D/A Converter   24-bit
Aux Input D/A Dynamic Range   106 dB A-weighted
Internal Processing Wordlength   32-bit floating point
Sample Rate   48 kHz
Dynamic Range   103.5 dB A-weighted, 102.5 dB unweighted
THD+Noise   0.04% typical at 0 dBu in/out, 1 kHz
Frequency Response   20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0 /- 0.5 dB
Latency   < -80 dB, -84 dB typical
Power Supply   PS0913DC-04 (9 VDC)
Operating Voltage   100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption   4.5 Watts (500 mA)
Unit Weight   1.2 lbs. (0.54 kg)
Shipping Weight   2.04 lbs. (0.93 kg)
Dimensions   6.1" (L) x 4.1" (W) x 1.69" (H), 154.9 mm (L) x 104.1 mm (W) x 42.9 mm (H)

http://dbxpro.com/en-US/products/gorack

http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_documents/documents/3641_1447773800/goRack_Manual_5064543-B_original.pdf

Elantric

whippinpost91850

I just ordered a couple. Even if I just add them to the Monitors to prevent feedback, It is worth $29

Now_And_Then

I would have bought two for my guitar recording setup if the eq curves were adjustable, which, according to a quick perusal of the manual, they seem not to be. Pity.

Yohanes

I check Sweetwater and amazon and prostaraudio, non can send DBX go rack to Indonesia address. Anyone can suggest me where I can find this ship internationally especially to Indonesia and accept paypal?

I am also interested in Line6 Relay G10.
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Elantric

Melodia
PT. CIPTA SWARA ANUGRAH
JL. SULTAN ISKANDAR MUDA NO. 15B
12240 ARTERI PONDOK INDAH
+6221 7225183
fax: +6221 72787864

http://www.csa-indonesia.com/

http://www.csa-indonesia.com/index.php/product/dbx/474-dbx-gorack.html
http://www.csa-indonesia.com/index.php/our-dealers.html

Yohanes

Hi Elantric,

Thank you for your kind attention. I have contacted Melodia here in Indonesia, they sell gorack very expensive, their pricelist is about USD 166, but I can get discount if I convert back to USD, is about USD 130.

I also find another source here that can give me around USD 91. I actually don't really need it, but if the price is below 50 dollar for such a versatile tool, I think it is a no brainer to have one (or two) in your drawer.

It's a GAS, fortunately the price (here) restrain my insane appetite 😳
Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50

Quote from: Elantric on August 06, 2016, 07:58:24 AM
It's a mixer , a pair of XLR/TRS Mic Pres, Compressor and EQ

I bet it helps inserting this between your VG/GR/GR output and FRFR powered PA cabs at live gigs

Works as a stereo DI box too

I ordered two.
I can add four mic pre to my Kmix

The anti-feedback is very effective

http://www.proaudiostar.com/dbx-go-rack.html

DBX goRack

This might help when using a DSP Amp Modeler feeding  typical self powered FRFR Cabs for Electric Guitar

Use the Mid Boost EX setting

and the dbx 163X  Stereo Compressor algorithm might prove helpful too
===
eBay with ProAudioStar has the dbx goRack Signal Processor Rack for $30 with free shipping.

The goRack sits next to a set of powered speakers and provides powerful signal processing including Anti-Feedback, Compression, Sub-Harmonic Synth and EQ.

Historically, the convenience of portability in a PA System has meant a compromise in sound quality and fidelity. To answer that call, we at dbx Professional Products are proud to introduce the all-new goRack™ Performance Processor. The goRack is an easy-to-use portable speaker processor. Based on our industry-leading DriveRack Series, the goRack sits next to a set of powered speakers and provides powerful signal processing including Anti-Feedback (based on our AFS™ Advanced Feedback Suppression algorithm), Compression, Sub-Harmonic Synth and EQ. Each processing function can easily be enabled or disabled via top-level function buttons, and settings can be adjusted via goRack's large data wheel.

goRack's rear panel features combination 1/4"/XLR inputs that can be connected to either mixer outputs or microphones. When using a mic, the goRack's Mic/Line switch selects the proper input sensitivity and gain range while dual gain controls on the top provide independent level adjustment. goRack's 1/8" Aux input allows for direct connection of mobile music players while XLR outputs interface with powered speakers.

The goRack represents the best of dbx's DriveRack processing in its purest, most simplified form all housed in a sleek, compact form factor that fits in your hand, or back pocket. The goRack is perfect for applications from a mixer, or with its dual XLR inputs and Aux input, it can be used as a standalone performance processor/mixer for the solo artist.

ANTI-FEEDBACK PROCESSING

Make annoying and potentially painful audio feedback a thing of the past with the goRack's simple-to-use, Anti-Feedback processing. Based on dbx's industry-leading AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) algorithm, the goRack makes eliminating system feedback a snap. Simply press the goRack's Anti-Feedback function button and use the Data Wheel to adjust the settings. The goRack listens for, anticipates and removes feedback automatically without altering your sound.

COMPRESSOR

Control dynamics and fine-tune your system with the straightforward Compressor feature based on the legendary dbx 163 Compressor. Minimize peaks and level out variances in your audio source material with goRack's intuitive Compressor feature.

SUB-SYNTH

goRack's Sub Synth feature is the perfect tool for adding extra bass to your system. For decades, dbx's patented Subharmonic Synthesis has been the secret weapon used by mobile DJ's and film and sound professionals to produce low frequency impact unavailable from any other device—unique because the dbx process actually produces a new, Waveform Modeled™ bass note, exactly an octave below the bass in the original audio.

EQ

Add richness and clarity to your audio with the goRack's EQ feature. Experiment with one of goRack's custom EQ settings to instantly improve bass, midrange and treble response. The goRack's EQ can also be used to adjust a sound system to account for the acoustical response of a room or an outdoor venue.

The dbx goRack is ideally suited for live sound applications where portability is essential without compromising sound quality

Features/Specs
Compact Form Factor
Anti-Feedback Processing based on the dbx AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) algorithm
dbx Compression (based on the dbx 163)
Subharmonic Synthesis
EQ (20 Musical Genre-Based 31-Band Graphic EQ Settings)
Dual dbx Microphone Preamp/Line Inputs
Selectable Mic/Line Input Settings
Stereo Inputs and Outputs
Combination Mic/Line Input Jacks and XLR Outputs
1/8" Stereo Aux Input for Mobile Music Players/Devices
Independent Left and Right Channel Volume Control

Mic/Line Inputs   2, independently switchable between mic or line level
Mic/Line Input Connectors   Female ¼" - XLR combination
Mic/Line Input Type   Electronically balanced, RF filtered
Mic/Line Input Impedance   Switch set to MIC: 2 kΩ balanced, Switch set to LINE: 22 kΩ balanced
Mic/Line Input Max. Gain   Switch set to MIC: 48 dB, Switch set to LINE: 5 dB
Mic/Line Input Max. Input Level   Switch set to MIC: 0 dBu, Switch set to LINE: +20 dBu
Mic/Line Input CMRR   > 45 dB
Aux Input   1
Aux Input Connector   Female stereo 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS mini
Aux Input Type   Unbalanced, RF filtered
Aux Input Impedance   20 kΩ
Aux Input Max. Input Level   +20 dBu
Outputs   2 line outputs
Output Connectors   Male XLR
Output Type   Impedance balanced, RF filtered
Output Impedance   40 Ω
Maximum Output Level   +14 dBu
Mic/Line A/D and D/A Converters   24-bit
Mic/Line A/D and D/A Dynamic Range   115 dB A-weighted
Aux Input D/A Converter   24-bit
Aux Input D/A Dynamic Range   106 dB A-weighted
Internal Processing Wordlength   32-bit floating point
Sample Rate   48 kHz
Dynamic Range   103.5 dB A-weighted, 102.5 dB unweighted
THD+Noise   0.04% typical at 0 dBu in/out, 1 kHz
Frequency Response   20 Hz – 20 kHz, +0 /- 0.5 dB
Latency   < -80 dB, -84 dB typical
Power Supply   PS0913DC-04 (9 VDC)
Operating Voltage   100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption   4.5 Watts (500 mA)
Unit Weight   1.2 lbs. (0.54 kg)
Shipping Weight   2.04 lbs. (0.93 kg)
Dimensions   6.1" (L) x 4.1" (W) x 1.69" (H), 154.9 mm (L) x 104.1 mm (W) x 42.9 mm (H)

http://dbxpro.com/en-US/products/gorack

http://rdn.harmanpro.com/product_documents/documents/3641_1447773800/goRack_Manual_5064543-B_original.pdf

Thanks guys ! I've just bought 2 myself. They're bargains !
The GAS that I get off of this site is painful!!😫.
From buying 1 SY 300, I'm now looking to buy a VG 99 and a Gr 55....
What have you guys done to me?????

You're all a bunch of enablers!  That's the fact Jack ! I'll need some kind of sponsoring soon...
It sounds good, but we'll need to raise the tempo up one octave.

Elantric

Thank you for your kind attention. I have contacted Melodia here in Indonesia, they sell gorack very expensive, their pricelist is about USD 166, but I can get discount if I convert back to USD, is about USD 130.

I also find another source here that can give me around USD 91. I actually don't really need it, but if the price is below 50 dollar for such a versatile tool, I think it is a no brainer to have one (or two) in your drawer.

It's a GAS, fortunately the price (here) restrain my insane appetite 😳

The dbx Go-Rack is discontinued and explains the blow out prices  - its a value at $30 USD

but at $130 - not too interesting.

At the-$130-$199 price try to locate a gently used Behringer DEQ-2496
http://www.music-group.com/Categories/Behringer/Signal-Processors/Equalizers/DEQ2496/p/P0146
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18254.msg129914#msg129914

Elantric

If your DSP Amp Modeler patches exhibit excessive low frequencies, they might sound great at low volume at home, but know this has the effect of minimizing the maximum sound pressure level available at your live gig for guitar frequencies from your FRFR powered PA cab. If you feed a lot of bass into your Powered PA cab, its power amp will work harder and generate heat and most modern Powered PA cabs have built  thermal management and compression  that kicks in and will minimize the possible max volume level. If you cut the bass, the PA cab will get louder SPL.     On your DSP Amp modeler,  create patches with more midrange and lower the Bass frequencies  - leave room for your Bass player to handle those low notes and your band's live  sound will improves and be less muddy with more note definition.     

The dbx GO-Rack set to Mid Boost inserted between your DSP Amp modeler and your FRFR Power PA cab might instantly solve your problems of being heard on stage at live gigs. 

or consider other EQ tools for guitarists 

vtgearhead

Does the Behringer UltraCurve have high-pass and low-pass filters?  A couple of months back I was looking for a MIDI controlled EQ that had both graphic (or parametric) EQ and filters.  My impression was that the Behringer didn't have the filters.  I ended up with a used ProEl DigiCurve.  The company is defunct, but this gadget had absolutely everything I needed built in. 

Elantric

The DEQ-2496 is a great unit  - all remote MIDI controllable now thanks to several third party apps

no dedicated HPF or LPF controls - but lots of EQ, and Dynamic EQ control that can accomplish similar results under MIDI control

Before IR Cab boxes became available -  the DEQ-2496 was the secret weapon for POD XT users back in 2005 -

used to be the only Behringer box i could recommend

more details here
http://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/manuals/248-661-behringer-deq2496-manual-41813.pdf
Behringer DEQ-2496 - Swiss Army knife (EQ, SRC, A/D, D/A, RTA) all  MIDI control-able
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=18254.msg129914#msg129914

Ultra-high resolution 24-bit/96 kHz mastering processor featuring 32/40-bit floating-point DSP technology
Audiophile 24-bit/96 kHz A/D
- and D/A converters offering 113 dB dynamic range
4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer plus 3 Dynamic EQs per stereo channel)
Ultra-high resolution 61-band real-time FFT analyzer with additional auto EQ function for room and loudspeaker equalization
Unique VPQ (Virtual Paragraphic EQ) option allows parametric control of graphic EQs
State-of-the-art compressor/expander with peak limiter per stereo channel, additional stereo imager and stereo delay for delay line applications
Multi-functional level meters (peak/RMS, VU and SPL meter with dBA/dBC weighting via RTA/Mic input)
64 user memories for complete setups and/or individual module configurations
Separate mic/line input with phantom power for RTA and Auto-EQ applications
Balanced inputs and servo-balanced outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, stereo aux output, AES/EBU and S/PDIF inputs and outputs (XLR and optical)
Professional Wordclock input and MIDI connections for full remote control, preset dumps and system updates

QuoteA couple of months back I was looking for a MIDI controlled EQ that had both graphic (or parametric) EQ and filters.

Another left field solution  that can provide  MIDI controlled EQ
https://www.roland.com/us/products/vs-880/

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/vsappgd2.pdf

Today this work as MIDI controlled EQ box too - three band para-EQ per channel
https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/k-mix/

or "roll your own"

http://redbinary.com/zeta-reticuli-midi-controlled-10-band-eq-and-multiple-external-effect-interface/

vtgearhead

That redbinary project was one of the first things I tripped over during my search.  If I hadn't found the Proel unit it would have either been that or the Behringer.

GuitarBuilder

I've used the Alesis DEQ-830 for some time now, with great results:

Alesis' 8-Channel Programmable Digital EQ!

Alesis gives you everything you want in a programmable digital EQ without the monster price tag! The DEQ830 offers 8 independent channels of 1/3-octave equalizers, 24-bit sound quality, and more flexible routing options than any other EQ in its class.

Alesis DEQ830 Digital Graphic EQ at a Glance:

• 8 independent EQ channels, ideal for live sound work
    Analog and digital inputs and outputs for use with a DAW
    Clear visual display and locking feature to protect your settings
    100 editable programs and 50 templates make adjustments easy
    An affordable 8-channel EQ for any audio application

The DEQ830 sports eight independent programmable 1/3-octave graphic equalizers. 30 band-select buttons cover 25Hz to 20kHz, with 13-segment LEDs for each band. An extremely intuitive user interface and multiple I/O options all come in an amazingly compact 1U rackmount design.

Analog and ADAT digital I/O
The DEQ830's connections include eight balanced 1/4" TRS analog inputs and outputs and eight channels of ADAT optical digital I/O. 24-bit operation makes the DEQ830 the perfect EQ unit for a range of modern live and recording applications.

Easy to monitor and lock in settings
The DEQ830 has 8 channel-select buttons with 10-segment level LEDs so you can change individual channel settings with ease. The at-a-glance display lets you quickly check settings for each band and channel. A locking feature prevents unwanted changes - important for installations where you can't be there to protect the sound rig!

A ton of presets and more!
Other standout features on the DEQ830 include 100 user-customizable EQ programs plus 50 template "curves" for rapid setup and easy customization. And +4dBu/-10dBV switchable operation allows you to use the DEQ830 with any pro and consumer-level gear. MIDI In and Out gives you access to control changes from a sequencer or external controller.[/i]

Alesis DEQ830 Digital Graphic EQ Features:

• 8 independent 1/3-octave digital graphic equalizers
    Enhanced 24-bit sound quality, 28-bit internal processing
    8 channels of balanced 1/4" (+4/-10 switchable) TRS inputs and outputs
    8 channels of ADAT optical I/O
    MIDI In and Out
    At-a-glance display lets you quickly check settings for each band and channel Locking feature prevents unwanted changes
    100 user programs and 50 curve templates for rapid setup
    Independent 10-segment level LEDs for each channel
    Bypass, compare, and channel A-B link controls
    1U rackmount with internal power supply
    Dedicated link, store, bypass, and compare buttons
    3-digit LED for program numbers and editing
[/i]

It's discontinued, but you can still pick them up on eBay for a very reasonable price.

"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

rolandvg99

A used Motu 828 MKIII firewire has great EQ facilties with both high and low pass filters and plenty of I/O.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

( . )( . )

I used to use an Ashly PQX-572 back in my 90s rack days...7 band 2 channel parametric 2U rackmount, with HPF & LPF, but no MIDI...worked amazingly well as an overall eq for the system.

As far as MIDI eq's go, I had a Rocktron ProQ.  It was really nice (but I preferred the Ashly ultimately). If you're looking for a graphic eq with MIDI, the TC 1128 (mono) is awesome, but I like parametric eq's in guitar rigs. Both of these units can be found on eBay for really cheap. The Ashly still sells for a bit, but it still holds up with the best imo.

stratrat

I have a Mackie Quad EQ in my rack - four channels of 1/3 octave EQ, a spectrum analyser and a noise generator. Not as fancy as a Driverack PA2 and no MIDI, but saves up to 99 patches and the analyser puts on an impressive light display for the punters who care to look.

lespauled

Yohanes

I just received mine last week after two months waiting, and the final cost (from US) including shipment is about USD 56, not bad. Thanks Elantric for the great info here  :D

Yamaha Pacifica 510V
Roland G-707
Godin Freeway SA
Boss GP-10
Roland GR-50