Avid Eleven Rack

Started by Elantric, January 14, 2014, 09:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmcginness

heres a guy using the AVID 11 Rack and a standard patch from the box. Sounds very authentic to me. Its all in how you use the tools.

https://soundcloud.com/angel-reca/machine-gun-demo-mix-8-4-2015
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Elantric

Its probably an OK box - but 99% of the time I'm using it with headphones direct  and Eleven Rack's  builtin headphone amp is crap IMHO - I get a lot of fizz, and sounds like the cab sim is disabled (which it wasnt) when used direct with headphones , and they place Tremolo FX on only a few Amp models - it was a real turn off for my needs.

I only keep it because when Protools crashes (as it often does when using third party audio interface) the "fix" is reconnect the Avid Eleven Rack via USB and relaunch Protools - which finally sorts itself out and works again ( dont ask me my opinion on  Protools - I only use it when  working with others who insist I use it. Recently It took me 3 months with Avid Customer service to get a working Protools 12 license - pure hell.     

lespauled

Quote from: Blueswaite on August 10, 2016, 10:25:20 AM
Tried one not impressed no doubt I will be keeping GP-10.
Eleven Rack had a very boxes sound no matter what I went into.
I know sound is subjective but GP-10 wins hands down.
Thanks

I have an 11R and, as with every new interface, there is a learning curve.  Once you get passed the learning curve, you can get almost any sound you want out of the 11R.  It's a fantastic unit and there have been many posts on youtube comparing the 11R to other systems.  It holds its own against all of the more expensive modelers.

alexmcginness

Quote from: Elantric on August 10, 2016, 11:04:36 AM
Its probably an OK box - but 99% of the time I'm using it with headphones direct  and Eleven Rack's  builtin headphone amp is crap IMHO 

I got the extra patches for it which includes the Fillmore 69 patch and it sounds just like the demo that I posted of the guy doing Machine Gun. You hve to play the patch and not drive it too hard with the guitar for the chords but can let it go in the leads. Theres a few other demos from that guy doing more Hendrix stuff and they all sound great using the 11 Rack. Its just like the VG-99. Some love it some dont. The ones that do work it until it sounds. I havent noticed any anomolies with the 11 Rack but I havent really used it extensively enough yet as Im still trying to get around the anomolies in my GP-10. Yup.... theres always somethin......
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

whippinpost91850

I have an Eleven Rack , I haven't turned on since I got my Kemper.  I really should plug it in. I liked it but I'm mostly a live player

lespauled