Godin Tripleplay with Omnisphere and Trilian demo

Started by Triple Pete, January 08, 2015, 02:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Pete

Hi all,

Here's something I've been dabbling with for a couple of weeks and as yet is still unfinished. Everything except the drums was done with the Godin Tripleplay, Omnisphere, Trilian and Reaper. The drums are EZDrummer 2. I'll be adding guitars over the next couple of weeks. If you like atmospheric sounds, pads, voices etc. Omnisphere is the one!

Cheers,

Pete

Edit: Updated with new version. No guitars as yet though.

GeePeeAxe

I like this tune very much. Good playing and well mixed.
Trilian is today the best bass-emulation VST-instrument, so much I know.

Triple Pete

Thanks GeePee.

Agreed Trilian is fantastic. I like how they've managed to make it 'touch sensitive'. I also have to sing the praises of EZDrummer2. Superb sounding drum tracks with a minimum of hassle. Not forgetting of course Tripleplay which is a dream come true for guitarists that aren't really in to midi/keyboards.

I'm looking forward to adding the guitars to this track and will update this thread with the finished track soon hopefully.

BobbyD

I also have Omnisphere, Trillian and a Godin Montreal with the FTP.  I can't thing of anything I enjoy more than using the Godin to control Trillian & Omnispher 2.  I also have purchased EZdrummer2 before I learned how to use Push which is a controller designed for Ableton.  So I am with you all the way and have to say, EZdrummer does sound quite good.  The reason I use the Push controller is although you can sequence drums, you can also finger drum which makes me feel more musical when laying down drum tracks.   I use a combination of both sequencing for kick, snare and finger drum in all the rest of the parts. I never once used EZdrummer although it may make sense to check out of these days. I am going to write a track using Push for drums, Trillian for Bass, Omnisphere for cool strings or keys, and the analog pickups running though Guitar Rig, Amplitude or waves GTR which is another kickass digital guitar processor for some clean and crunchy guitar parts. As a matter of fact, I am going to start that new project as soon as I finish this post. I will post new project in a few days. . But nice song you posted.  I thought I may even have heard vocals while typing this post but that could easily have been one of the Omnisphere choir presets.  When my nephews came over my apt and I started playing gregorian chants from my guitar, they said Uncle Bobby, we are not joking, your are the world's greatest guitarist because they had no idea how I was crating those sounds. I love that story.

cheers

BobbyD

Elantric

PeterPan8

Triple Pete: I simply LOVE the voice over (vocals). Well done!
I can't wait to hear the full piece with added guitars.

I don't have Omnisphere. How does it compare to Kontakt 5?
Or is it a totally different app... don't know, just askin'

Sweetbird

Hard to beat Omnisphere and Trillian. I'm also a big fan of Stylus RMX.