GR-55 - Spare part GR-55

Started by Magiamusical, July 25, 2016, 02:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magiamusical

I need to get the small module that controls the expression pedal, does Roland sell the spare parts? BTW I just got a deal for a Black GR-55 for $350, got from Reverb.com, it looks brand new and it works great.  The module is for a blue one that has the problem with the expression pedal that I can't get it to hold the parameters, I calibrate it from 0 - 100 and in a couple of minutes the range changes the values randomly.
Godin LGXT, Les Paul Studio w/GK3, JTV89F w/GK3, GR-55

Elantric

QuoteI calibrate it from 0 - 100 and in a couple of minutes the range changes the values randomly.

Thats true for all GR-55's when used on a padded Carpet floor

QuoteI need to get the small module that controls the expression pedal, does Roland sell the spare parts?

Yes - have a credit card handy and call

Contact Roland  Customer Service Tel: (323) 890-3700

Roland Corporation U.S.
5100 S. Eastern Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90040-2938
Customer Service Tel: (323) 890-3700

--

gumtown

Had similar problems with my GR-55 EXP pedal being random in it's positioning and unable to calibrate.

I removed the EXP potentiometer,
turned it a few time from one extreme to the other (in normal use, it only rotates half of it's travel),
then reinstalled it.
That was a few months ago and it still works great.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Magiamusical

Going to try that,

Quote from: gumtown on July 25, 2016, 04:22:26 PM
Had similar problems with my GR-55 EXP pedal being random in it's positioning and unable to calibrate.

turned it a few time from one extreme to the other (in use it only moves half of it's travel),
then reinstalled it.
Thanks,

Magiamusical

Quote from: gumtown on July 25, 2016, 04:22:26 PM

turned it a few time from one extreme to the other (in normal use, it only rotates half of it's travel),
then reinstalled it.

I took off the potentiometer, cleaned with the contact cleaner, turned a couple of times and it has been working great.

Thanks Gumtown