GR-55 - Can the GR-55 change MIDI presets for my preamp?

Started by vablows, November 20, 2012, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vablows

I want to use my GR-55 as my only floorboard controller to minimize my live gig floorspace.
Can the GR-55 change presets in my MIDI preamp and if so, how would I set this up in the floorboard editor?
Thanks so much for any help.

Mrchevy

First, what preamp are you using and second, you can probably get the GR55 to switch presets on it however, the GR55 is limited as it is when it comes to control options just for itself, much less controlling something else also. Tell us what you got and what you are trying to accomplish and we might be able to help figure something out or make suggestions.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

vablows

Well right now I have an old ADA MP-1...but I am going to be getting a Kemper Profiling Amp next week and would like to not have to use a separate MIDI foot controller as all I want to do is have the GR-55 and Kemper switch presets at the same time.

I'm not looking for detailed parameter changes or anything, I just want simple preset number changes to coincide with each other.

Mrchevy

Have you read this thread, it might give you the answers your looking for https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3331.0 I haven't read thru the whole thing but some of the gang here have them and can probably tell you anything you want to know about it and how they use it. Hope this helps.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones