mbox (not mbox 2, but earlier version) incompatible with snow leopard (Mac OSX)

Started by mooncaine, November 12, 2009, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooncaine

Folks, I'm told that the "Newer MBox2 will work with Leopard, but not the MBox1".

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=806452
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=256478

One user on the digidesign forum opined, "Consider yourself lucky that it worked with as many versions as it did."

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it: "I just spent a lot of time and energy making music that I can't use again until I upgrade yet another thingamajig."

And that, my friends, is why a Roland VG suits me better than Guitar Rig or *anything that relies on my computer*. Something to think about before you invest in gear: how long do you want to be able to use it?

I fell in love with Reason, then Ableton Live, but owning either one is not like owning a musical instrument, because neither one lasts very long compared to a guitar or a VG unit. I realize that music software has to be fed money and new computers now & then.

A2theT

well they CAN last long.  but, we upgrade our computers and theres a growing market in software so 2 months later we're on a newer version and the older one isn't suppported because crowds move to newer versions so the support groups shrink. it happens everywhere including guitar gear but there is a longer lifespan in our effects hardware.  man, i loved my GSP-2101 but it had to go. shrinking user group, shrinking support etc.  gotta keep up with the jones's and I'm so guilty.  i have owned two mfx processors since the VG but I'm so happy the VG is all I have left.  That means, despite the odd bug or quirck, its genrally SOLID.  And to boot, it doesn't have Roland's curse of needing a roland degree to be able to operate the thing, an example of why i no longer own any roland keyboards.  anyws, regarding software,  so much is shelfware.  you try it and move on to the next best thing.  one thing I have stuck with over the years is cakewalk sonar and also i think the line6 vst plugin is fantastic.   i wish roland had one for the vg............. 
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

fokof

I still have an original MOTU 2408 that i seldom use.
Still works when I do.....