GR-55 - CHANGE PCM-Tones with CTRL Pedal

Started by papabuss, January 12, 2012, 08:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papabuss

I found an interestung patch in the folder GR55-FLOORBOARD\SAVEDPATCHES called FREEBIRD
When I press the CTRL Pedal PCM1 (092Grand Pipes) and PCM (095 Church Organ3) change to PCM1(343 Strings1) and PCM2 (339 Cello) and the volume is increased from35 to 65 ...(you can change all the other parameters of course, too)
You can assign this effect in the MASTER ASSIGN Menu (amazing)
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

Gumtown's  FreeBird GR-55 patch is here:

(Realize Gumtown is a Bass player, but this could be modified to suit Guitar)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3299.msg21755#msg21755
QuoteThis moment in time gives me the opportunity to learn FreeBird by Lynard Skynard, so here is the very first song based patch i have made on the GR-55.
Initial tone is PCM 1 & 2 with the keyboard intro, and the EXP Pedal Switch kicks in the modeled J-Bass tone.
The EXP pedal does the PCM tone volume, and the CTL pedal toggles the PCM tones to Orchestral and Ensemble Strings for the later verse.

I hope it's useful, it was quickly done with headphones on.

greekjgg

Quote from: papabuss on January 12, 2012, 08:35:35 AM
I found an interestung patch in the folder GR55-FLOORBOARD\SAVEDPATCHES called FREEBIRD
When I press the CTRL Pedal PCM1 (092Grand Pipes) and PCM (095 Church Organ3) change to PCM1(343 Strings1) and PCM2 (339 Cello) and the volume is increased from35 to 65 ...(you can change all the other parameters of course, too)
You can assign this effect in the MASTER ASSIGN Menu (amazing)

So could this be usd to change the cosm patch too? Say I want to go from acoustic to heavy within the same patch?
Setup:
Homemade EVH Frankenstrat with built in GK3
GR55
Rocktron Talkbox
TC Helicon Voicetone C1
Tech 21 Power Engine 60

Jim Williams

Yes that is correct.... you are not really changing patches just the sound within a single patch. You can even change the routing path for all your sound sources. The only thing I have wished is the amp model and the Mod effect I'm sure it was a over-site on Roland s part.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.