Mark Knopfler - tips & tricks

Started by Elantric, March 03, 2016, 03:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Sultans Of Swing Master Guitar Track - Isolated

MCK

You just made my day! Thank you!!!  :) :) :)

Elantric

Elantric

GeePeeAxe

Until today all my VGs and amp-simulators failed to reproduce the "clean lead" sound of M. Knopfler. So I bought recently a Bugera all-tube-amp, which runs on 0.1 Watt output in my livingroom now. With saturated power-amp-section and low gain I can play "Sultans of Swing" and other Dire Straits songs in a satisfiyng way. I Do not regret investing 150 euro for oldfashioned technology.

Elantric

QuoteUntil today all my VGs and amp-simulators failed to reproduce the "clean lead" sound of M. Knopfler. So I bought recently a Bugera all-tube-amp, which runs on 0.1 Watt output in my livingroom now. With saturated power-amp-section and low gain I can play "Sultans of Swing" and other Dire Straits songs in a satisfiyng way. I Do not regret investing 150 euro for oldfashioned technology.

I would say the same thing - but doing it with my new Boss Katana Amps

Its a hit
173 pages of reading here
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/boss-katana-amplifiers.1744135/page-174#post-23292639

vtgearhead

I've always been able to get the "Sultans" tone from my Mustang III v2.  It does a great twin emulation.  Just put a studio compressor in front of it and off you go.  This week I'm working on dialing this in on the Katana.  With the virtually unlimited number of presets my bridge code gives me, it's easy to store a bunch of candidates in adjacent PCs and evaluate between them quickly.

GeePeeAxe

I am surprised by the good sound of Mustang 3.
If I play again in a cover band, I will probably use one of these.