VG99 - value going up?

Started by Headless68, September 21, 2016, 11:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headless68

Is the lack of flagship product with the VG99's capabilities now starting to push the price of used ones up ?
At the beginning of 2016 you could quite easily pick one up for £350 but over the last 2 to 3 months that figure seems to be £400+ as a minimum

gumtown

Maybe ...

Price = demand
            supply
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

ConstruKction

I doubt it.

There's not much demand for the GR-300, yet, it's probably one of the most expensive (?) synths on the used market.

alexmcginness

Anybody have any idea on how many VG-99 were made?
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Headless68

It's you Alex buying them all :-)

Elantric

I expect both VG-99 and VB-99 prices to remain high, and not drop down to VG-88 prices.

The VG-8EX prices are rising too - many had expectations that the "9-09" day might yield a proper replacement, But since that did not occur, I figure our forum is responsible for a lot of the current market demand.

Some might observe Ive been posting at The Gear Page for past 6 months  - and have been tying to instill some truth about Roland/ Boss 13 pin V-Guitar systems  - clearing up a lot of false assumptions among the ranks over there. (Most guitarists still assume these are pitch to MIDI systems ) but thanks to other familiar names backing me up, its raising awareness of these unique products that continue to inspire years after being discontinued.

imerkat

I landed a VG-99 for the price of a GP-10. I can assure you, here in the states while looking for this deal, the asking prices and the actual sale price are not even close.

sixeight

QuoteSome might observe Ive been posting at The Gear Page for past 6 months

I had noticed you around there. TGP seems to discuss Axe/Kemper/Helx/Amplifire at length at their digital forum. I shouldn't read it too much. Bad for gas....

I find prices of all gear going up lately, both hew and second hand. The FC300 is costing 50 euros more than a year back. It may be a good time to sell mine...

Headless68

I just got an FC300 for £150 which is lower than I have previously seen (two sold at this price this week)

Elantric

With used gear its all about timing  - being in right place at the right time with the available funds to make a purchase

VG-99 prices vary widely

But the completed Ebay auctions is a good indicator of current market trends

Headless68

....my personal best price paid ....£75!!! :-) if only that happened more often

alexmcginness

Quote from: Headless68 on September 22, 2016, 04:54:51 AM
It's you Alex buying them all :-)

I have 4. That should be all I need ( hopefully ) Just a few GK-3s and an extra internal kit and I should be good for a while.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.