VG-99 - Psycho-Delic! Shoegazing, psycho, phasery craziness

Started by Smash, November 24, 2013, 11:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Blimey it's quiet in here!  :o

Lots of controls set up in this patch! And for once I haven't left out users who do not have an FC300

Main default tone - heavy Grestch with octafuzziness panned slightly left, distorted sitar panned slightly right.

CTRL 1 on either FC300 or VG99 is solo mode - this brings in some phasery craziness

Exp 2 on FC300 or Vol pot on GK3 fades out the direct signal whilst increasing the reverb time progressively and introducing a fast echo with large amount of feedback for real psychodelia!

There are two guitar tracks on the demo - the chord work which is the default tone, and the ghostly line over the chords (achieved with Exp2 all the way up) which also conatins some solo-y bits which demonstrate Exp2 pedal usage in the breakdown and solo mode.

S1 and S2 act as cut out switches - tap away for those classic Norman Greenbaum FX

For those interested the bass is Steinberg Virtual Bassist and the drums are Steinberg Groove Agent. The vocals are provided by Sample tank Soprano Ahh sample run through Isotope Nectar and sat way back in the mix! (does not sound convicning at all when you hear it out on it's own)

The whole mix has gone through T Racks suite "Regular 1" setting.

The guitar sounds are all VG - no additional post FX or EQing - just the TRacks mastering

DEMO:

https://soundcloud.com/smashmashups/pscyh-delic-vg99-patch-demo

supernicd

Nice patch, and nice track!  I don't have a VG-99; wonder how well this would port to the GR-55.
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Smash

It won't I'm afraid - there are two separate models and amp/fx chains making up the tone and the GR can only do one chain, sorry!

That said if you have a sitar amongst your midi sounds you may be able to fake something similar similar if you can run it through a distortion?

aliensporebomb

I totally love the track.
And I totally love the patch too - playing with it now!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Smash