FC300 - Finally after 4 years (i thnk) I bought a FC-300

Started by feloniouspunk, August 07, 2011, 01:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feloniouspunk

I bought it off ebay and it came with no manual.  I need something to hold in my hands and read.  I cant print the MF even though roland says I can make one copy.  Wants the deal.  And is there really some sort of password to print the thing???  What gives?  Thanks in advance...

Chris
Lots of Gear. :)

redlock

feloniouspunk

Thats the link I've been using- all I get are some headings and some lines down the middle of the page and mostly blank pages.  The printer is brand new, came free with my brand new MBP and I have printed many pdfs even ones from Roland like the TD-20 and the RC-50 manual. But I guess it doesn't like the FC-300 pdf for some reason.  I'll keep at it I guess. Thanks anyway Redlock.

Edit- I guess I was smite by someone who deemed this a stupid question.  Feel better?

Edit # 2- I know I have gone a while so I will have to reacquaint myself with the new layout.  Too bad the karma system wasn't around when the website started. 

gumtown

Roland seem to use some sort of PDF protection, i have come across this before with the GT-10 midi specs, where even screen capturing didn't work.
The document protection is to stop copy/pasting, but the document should print, maybe it is a mac thing? (from looking at your screen capture).
Maybe you can get it printed into a booklet format from a copier shop, I use the photocopier at work to print user manuals in booklet (doublesided) on A3 paper to produce a nice A4 sized book.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

MCK

redlock

If I open the pdf in preview.app I can get that encryption window by clicking on 'Enter Password' from the drop-down.
Silly question probably but, have you tried ignoring it and just clicking 'Print'??

feloniouspunk

Cool guys, thanks for all the help!  Sorry if I seemed snippy yesterday, bad day.  All I wanted to do was play and couldn't until later in the evening and after a long day of entertaining out of downers (mistake on purpose- towners) and knowing that the FC-300 was waiting to be played with.  Well, when I got home I was just so tired and, well, I'm just apologizing.  Thanks to all for the help.  And to redlock, not a silly question, but yes I did try that- a million times.  Felt like throwing my printer out of the window. 

EDIT- Last thing, the -1 karma was well deserved- "aaaah, how do you print a pdf..."   :)

Chris

Macciza

Hi
the copy I dl'd is unprotected - I have added it to the vg99 documentation section of the downloads area.
Should print without a problem.
Cheers
MM
'70s Strat, Brian Moore iM, VG-8, VG-99, FC-300, VL-70m, StringPort, SoftStep, Sentient6, iMac QC i7 27".

Elantric

kenact

I don't know if this will help, but most of the Roland manuals I've downloaded exhibit the same issues.  What I always do is save a copy to my local pc and print from that.

If the diskette icon is grayed out while your viewing the pdf, click File/Save As/PDF. It always seems to work for me.

Ken
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

feloniouspunk

More Tips!  Awesome, I love it!!  Thanks, I will give these ideas a try this evening and report back.  Thanks everyone!

EDIT: P.S.  Thanks Elantric, I do have the latest firmware.  The Unit came with it.