VG-99 - something for halloween?

Started by ajvdn, April 03, 2008, 01:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajvdn

Hi I named this patch dark wishpers. My suggestion is not to strum but very lightly touch the strings.

Regards,
AJ

Paresh

aj - Your patch names sound interesting but I don't get any sound. Is there some unusual configuration? Thanks
paresh

feloniouspunk

I have found with most of his patches you have to go into the mixer and turn up Patch level (p.2) and sometimes Main level too (p.5)  He might have those assigned to some sort of exp pedal or something.  ???
Lots of Gear. :)

Paresh

Thanks - I got it. Some creative patches...
paresh

ajvdn

Hi,

strange that this happens, I also have to change the volume of other patches I've downloaden.
Perhaps because I always play with a headset on.

Regards,
AJ

Kostas Greece

I still can't hear this patch. What did you do exactly?
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

Kostas Greece

Ok found it!!! Very cool patch!
Fender American Lone Star Strat (HSS+floyd rose), Roland VG-99, FC-300, Roland GR-20

RushFan

Ah yeah, now I hear it. That is wicked! It's amazing what this thing can do!  8)

vanceg

Nevermind. I got it.  There was a problem with loading the patch. It showed as being loaded on the VG-99 but I just realized that the VG-99 and the editor didn't match other than just the name (the VG-99 indicated that only COSM guitar A was on and that no amps were on whereas the patch clearly has these turned on.  So...I reloaded again and it works just nicely.

Quote from: RushFan on June 10, 2008, 02:54:07 PM
Ah yeah, now I hear it. That is wicked! It's amazing what this thing can do!  8)

Hmmm.  I don't get it - its making sound for me and it's NICE and all, but it sounds very much like a standard bass-ish patch. Not an "effect" or "odd" sound in the slightest. Touching the strings, strumming, rubbing, tapping the body of the guitar..it all sounds pretty standard.  Maybe I'm not getting it...but I'd like to.  Any more tips?

Vance

RushFan

Sounds pretty "odd" to me...the high notes are like screams or something. I got the big volume swell at around 0:35 by rapidly picking a bent note around the 12th fret

dysamoria

Thanks for this patch, it's very cool. Question: How did you get the panning to automate? i'm looking around in the editor and on the unit and i can see the panning in the mixer moving back and forth, but not what is driving it. How is that automated?

Elantric

QuoteHow is that automated?

Use the Internal Wave Pedal

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.msg57180#msg57180

papabuss

Ajvdn and rushfan thx for this great VG 99 patch.
I hope you both hear me although you were last active here in this forum over 2 years ago... ;)
For all the GR 55 fans who are jealous or disappointed now that they didn't buy a VG99, I posted a different GR55 patch here some time ago:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7233.0
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

aliensporebomb

I remember this one - yeah, sometimes I feel like "Last VG-99 Man Standing" - haha!  I wonder if some of the people who had them just gave up and sold them or if they're sitting covered with dust while they're out gigging with strats and super reverbs!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Elantric

Quotef they're sitting covered with dust while they're out gigging with strats and super reverbs!

Actually that just about sums up my situation for 80% of my current live gigs - but substitute Cube 80XT for Super Reverb  (like my VG-99, my Super Reverb stays home too)

EdisonsChildren

Quote from: Kostas Greece on May 31, 2008, 04:04:14 AM
I still can't hear this patch. What did you do exactly?
how did you get this to work? i still can't get it